This product contains a lithium battery and cannot ship via US Postal Service or SurePost.
Click for a ACR Beacon Comparison Chart (PDF)
The ResQLink+ is a satellite signaling device of last resort, for use when all other means of self rescue have been exhausted, where the situation is grave and imminent and the loss of life, limb, eyesight, or valuable property will occur without assistance.
- ACR ResQLink+ 406 MHz GPS Buoyant PLB At 5.4 oz
- ResQLink+ weighs less than a couple of PowerBars®
- Just 4.5 inches, it’s smaller than the cell phone in your pocket
- Small and mighty, the ResQLink+ is a full-powered, GPS-enabled rescue beacon designed for boaters, pilots and water-borne sportsmen
- With three levels of integrated signal technology —GPS positioning, a powerful 406 MHz signal, and 121.5 MHz homing capability, the ResQLink™ quickly and accurately relays your position to a worldwide network of search and rescue satellites
- A built-in strobe light provides visibility during night rescues.
- PLBs have been proven tried and true in some of the world’s most remote locations and treacherous conditions
- Just ask the 400 or so pilots, boaters and back country explorers who were saved by a PLB during a rigorous test program in Alaska
- Based in large part on the test results, the federal government approved use of PLBs in the United States in 2003.
- Even in extreme conditions and situations, the ResQLink activates easily
- Deploy the antenna and press the ON button.
- With its powerful 66 channel GPS, the ResQLink™ guides rescuers to within 100 meters or less of your position
- In the continental U.S., search and rescue personnel are typically alerted of your position in as little as five minutes with a GPS-enabled PLB such as the ResQLink™
- Free Registration Required
- It is mandatory that you register your PLB. It is fast, easy and free
- When activated, the unique identification code in your PLB is linked to the registration database
- This way authorities can retrieve valuable information about you and your trip.
- Lightweight Super Bright LED Strobe
- On Board 66 Channel GPS Self-Test and GPS Test Features
- Typical Performance of 30 Hrs.
- Non-Hazmat Battery
- Made in the U.S.A.
- Size 1.6 x 1.9 x 4.5” (4.1 x 4.8 x 11.4 cm)
- Weight 5.4 oz (153 g)
- Battery Non-hazmat lithium batteries Battery
- Replacement Interval Replacement due six (6) years from date of manufacture or five (5) years after beacon is placed into service, whichever is first, or after emergency use
- Operational Life Exceeds 24 Hours @ -4°F (-20°C)
- Storage -22°F to + 158°F (-30°C to +70°C)
- Material: Engineered polycarbonate blend
- Color ACR-treuse™ (high visibility yellow)
- Activation Manual Operation 2 steps:
- Deploy antenna
- Press ON button (Give clear view of sky)
- Waterproof 16.40 ft (5 m) @ 1 hr., 33 ft (10 m) @ 10 min.
- Factory tested @ 70°F, exceeds RTCM waterproof requirements
- Buoyant: Yes
- The ResQLink+ is a buoyant PLB but is not intended for operation in water
- Intended operational environments include on ground and above ground including held in hand
- In all cases, the beacon must be facing skyward with the antenna perpendicular.
- Approvals Pending: Cospas-Sarsat, FCC Canada, R&TT E, AMSA Limited Warranty 5 years Lead Free Yes