Boat Trailers and Dollies
Defender carries a selection of boat trailers and boat dollies appropriate for dinghies and inflatables and other small boats made by Load Rite, Venture, Seitech, and Dynamic Boat Dollies & Racks.
Boat Trailer Parts and Accessories
Defender carries a wide selection of trailer parts, including trailer lights, trailer brackets, trailer jacks, trailer rollers, trailer hitches, trailer hubs, bunk carpet, trailer tie downs, guide-ons. We stock name brand like Fulton, C.E. Smith, Tow Ready, and Wesbar.
Where do you go from here?
So, you now have your boat but how will you get her to the water? And where will she be stored when waiting to splash? Hopefully, these questions have long been answered but just in case Defender Marine offers a great line of boat trailers and parts.
Step One: choose the best trailer for your boat and storage situation.
- Trailers can serve double duty ? both moving the boat from here to there and storing your inflatable in a safe spot.
- Defender Marine offers a line of bunk type trailers that haul boats up to 36 feet LOA and 18,025 pounds. Trailer bunks ? or rails ? diffuse the weight load and offer secure long-term storage without the threat of permanent divots or dents sometimes left by trailers with rollers. Inflatables, soft and rigid, are light enough to slide onto the bunks at the ramp. These single axle trailers are easy to maneuver and boast a powder coated surface over galvanized steel for a long life. Special orders can be made for dual/triple axel trailers as well.
- Defender Marine carries trailer brands that offer a 2-year warranty. Some offer up to a 5-year warranty, depending on brand.
Step Two: Boat Dollies, instead of a vehicle, may be the perfect solution for your maneuvering needs. Taking the idea one step further, one of Defender Marine’s boat dollies is a super handy tool at a minimum investment.
- Dynamic Dollies boat dollies are easy for one man (or lady) to maneuver.
- Dollies are designed for several sailboat brands ? Hobie, Sunfish, Flying Junior and Laser
- Dollies are available for inflatables and aluminum boats.
Good boat and trailer maintenance is the key to knowing the condition of your equipment and where flaws might arise in the future. Loose electrical fittings, broken lights and bad wheel bearings can all be fixed before they keep you from splashing your boat in the water. Check the condition of roller brackets, tie down straps, wheel nuts, guides and electrical harnesses on a regular basis and easily stay ahead of maintenance.
Boat Trailer Parts and Accessories
Brackets and Roller Assemblies
- Roller Bracket Assembly ? if your trailer is not the bunk style you will rind rollers to guide the hull at the bow, on the sides and at the keel. Rollers (both spool and V), end caps and Y stops generally are molded out of rubber, but some are also offered in state-of-the-art thermal plasticized rubber.
- Swivel Bracket Assembly
- Keel Roller Bracket Assembly
- Split Roller Brackets ? For use when panel brackets are too high
- Bunk Trailer Brackets
- Shackle Links ? galvanized steel
- Trailer Frame U Bolts ? zinc plates with nylon locking nuts
- Harness Adaptors ? Offered in a variety of styles including 7 way to 5 way and event 7 way to 4 way
- Wiring Harness ? Measure twice! Offered in 18”, 48” and 25’ with extensions and end combinations to include 4 way flat to flat, 5 way flat to wire harness end and 25 foot to a wishbone end
- Lights ? Anything you could need ? waterproof light bars, tail, side, submersible, light kits and converters
Additional Trailer Accessories and Parts
- Wheel Kits ? Bearing kits, Hub kits and protectors, wheel nuts and bolts, dust caps
- Spare Tire Mounts ? for the fender and kits with brackets and covers
- Wheel Chocks and zinc plated Trailer Cap Nuts
- Hitch Accessories ? Make hauling easier with locks, safety pins, hitch alignment systems and ball covers
- Hitch Hardware ? Essentials and replacement parts include balls at 1 7/8, 2” and 2 5/16, safety chains, Ball mounts ? tri ball, dual ball and drop mounts, couplers and hitch clips
- Tie Down Straps ? Ratchet Straps from 3 to 20 feet are designed specifically for transom, gunwale, and bow and multipurpose straps are available for just about any use you can find.
- Trailer Jacks ? Parts like casters and wheels, removable foot plates, trailer stops with wedges and single and dual wheel jacks from 10 to 28”
- Guides ? Trailers sometimes need guides to keep your boat on the straight and center ? post guides are available in a lighted option while boats guides, and bunk boards are standard
- Winch ? Actually boat winches are available in single or two speed and gear ratios of 4.1:1 and 5.1:1 GTW 1600 and 300 pounds respectively.
- Winch Straps ? Available up to 20 feet and in a nylon with a break strength of 10,000 pounds and in galvanized cable up to 50 feet with a 5600-pound break strength.
- Outboard Support Wedges and Centering Clips are available to keep your motor safe while traveling down the road.
Boat, trailer, accessories ? check them all off your list but now it is time to get up and go.