Defender Employment Opportunities
Defender is a debt-free, family-owned marine outfitter located in Waterford, CT, in business for
years. We strive to maintain an excellent reputation as a multichannel retailer of boating equipment and supplies, inflatable boats / outboard motors, and earn the trust and loyalty of boaters around the world. Our Mission is to be the marine outfitter of choice, offering the widest selection of products at the most competitive prices, and providing only the best customer service.
Our valued employees have hundreds of years of combined boating experience and are committed to earning our customers’ trust and respect by offering friendly service, ongoing support, and of course - great value.
Defender Employees enjoy a broad benefit package including Medical, Dental and Life Insurance, 401(k), Profit Sharing, paid vacation and holidays, and very generous Employee Merchandise Discounts. If you take pride in your work and enjoy a fast-paced and pleasant environment where the focus on Customers begins with delivering honesty and real value to serious boaters, please submit your resume for further consideration.
We have an immediate need for a full-time customer service-oriented individual with boating and sales’ experience, as well as excellent communication and computer skills. The ideal candidate will help fellow boaters in our busy Contact Center.
- Provide quality and efficient customer service to customers
- Answer all incoming sales’ calls in a timely and professional manner
- Perform Up-selling / Cross-selling
- Promote current promotions and / or new programs
- Perform accurate and expeditious computerized order entry (merchandise, custom / special orders, outfitting needs)
- Work with Purchasing, Outlet Store & Warehouse to accurately fulfill customer requests
- Fulfill email requests and inquiries
- 2+ years’ experience in Contact / Call Center environment
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Excellent phone and listening skills; excellent written and verbal skills
- Must possess a positive “can do” attitude with customers and team members and be able to make independent decisions
- Ability to organize and prioritize. Accuracy and timeliness are critical; must be able to work with frequent interruptions in a fast paced environment
- General boating knowledge required; experienced boaters welcome!
Click here to submit your résumé online
Equal Employment Opportunity
DEFENDER INDUSTRIES is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunities
and does not discriminate against applicants or employees on the basic of race, color, religion, creed, age, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, veteran status or any other recognized protected basis under federal, state or local law. Applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodation under applicable federal and state law. A reasonable accommodation refers to a change in the way things are normally done, which will ensure an equal employment opportunity without imposing an undo hardship on Defender Industries. Please contact Human Resources if you need assistance in completing any forms or otherwise participating in the application process.
Please direct all employment inquiries to Human Resources.