Defender Employment Opportunities
Defender is a family-owned company that has been in business for 80 years. Defender strives to build an excellent reputation as a marine retailer and earn the trust and loyalty of boaters around the world. Our mission is to be the marine outfitter of choice, offering the widest selection of products at the most competitive prices, while providing only the best customer service.
Our valued employees have hundreds of years of combined boating experience and are committed to earning our customers’ trust and respect by offering friendly service, ongoing support, and of course - great value.
Employees enjoy a broad benefit package including Medical, Dental, Life & Disability Insurance, 401(k), Profit Sharing, paid vacation and holidays, and Employee Merchandise discounts. If you take pride in your work and enjoy a fast-paced and pleasant environment, please submit your resume for further consideration. Boaters welcome!
This support role performs a variety of functions as a member of the Defender Boats & Motors Team including customer & vendor communication/interaction, inter-department support, as well as contributing to department workflow and other general office tasks.
JOB DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide accurate, complete and timely written/verbal communication in response to Customer inquiries, service/warranty issues, quotes and sales
- Process documents for boat and motor orders and registration
- Serve as a liaison to the Boats & Motors Sales and Service team, other Defender departments, Customers and vendors
- Take initiative to improve, streamline and problem solve while gaining/expanding knowledge of products and processes
- Ability to analyze Customer and vendor issues and resolve problems in an efficient and cost effective manner (thinks outside the box)
- Schedule and coordinate appointments for sales and service
- Proof and edit product information including descriptions, images, format and content
- 3+ years Technical Sales experience
- Boating experience and understanding of boating “lingo” preferred
- High School diploma; college preferred
- Basic math skills required with some understanding of metric system
- Ability to format product and sales flyers, and create/present reports and procedure manuals
- Experience with warranties and parts lookup a must (auto or marine industry)
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Excel & Outlook); knowledge of Access a plus
- Inventory experience helpful
- Basic understanding of digital photography
- High level of reliability and close attention to details
- Must be very well organized and able to handle/prioritize multiple projects independently while remaining efficient; ability to navigate frequent interruptions without sacrificing quality of work
Please see below for Application Submission Info .
Equal Employment Opportunity
DEFENDER INDUSTRIES is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunities
and does not discriminate against applicants or employees on the basic of race, color, religion, creed, age, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, veteran status or any other recognized protected basis under federal, state or local law. Applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodation under applicable federal and state law. A reasonable accommodation refers to a change in the way things are normally done, which will ensure an equal employment opportunity without imposing an undo hardship on Defender Industries. Please contact Human Resources if you need assistance in completing any forms or otherwise participating in the application process.
to submit your resumé online.
Please direct all employment inquiries to Human Resources.