Defender is a marine outfitter located in Waterford, Connecticut, in business for years. We are an authorized dealer of thousands of products from every major marine manufacturer and have grown to become the largest independent marine supply firm in the US. We are also the largest single-location dealer of inflatable boats in North America.
Our valued employees have hundreds of years of combined boating experience and are committed to earning our customers' trust and respect by offering friendly service, ongoing support, and of course - great value. Our crew takes pride in their work at Defender where the focus on customers begins with delivering honesty and real value to serious boaters.
If you'd like to join our Defender family to share your experience and love of boating face-to-face with our customers, or by becoming part of our behind-the-scenes crew working hard to keep Defender the top choice for marine supplies, please submit your resume.
BOATS & MOTORS SALES & SERVICE SUPPORT REP
The incumbent will perform a variety of functions as a member of the Boats and Motors Team, including general office tasks, inter-departmental support, customer and vendor communication/interaction, as well as contributing to department workflow. Entry level position with room to grow, the department focuses on Inflatable Boat and Outboard Motors sales and service while contributing to the overall success of the company.
JOB DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Work directly with customers, sales & service department, and vendors, and maintain good working relationships
- Provide both verbal and Excel based quotes to customers both in person, via e-email and phone
- Answer e-mail and phone call inquiries from customers, providing both accurate information and pricing
- Enter orders into computer system / process sales
- Register new product to end users for warranty coverage
- Accurately submits warranty claims with proper documentation; follow up on payment
- Photograph and organize images of boats, motors and relevant parts and accessories
Education / Work History:
- High School graduate or equivalent required
- Marine/boating experience helpful
- Prior marina/boatyard experience beneficial
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Office, (Outlook, Excel, Word, Access, Microsoft Picture Manager) and Internet Explorer.
- Internal/external customer service experience
- Purchasing experience a plus, but not necessary
- High level of reliability and attention to detail
- Excellent written and verbal skills.
- Must be organized and able to prioritize independently while balancing a level of efficiency.
- Ability to navigate frequent interruptions without sacrificing quality of work, while maintaining a positive attitude.
Equal Employment Opportunity
DEFENDER INDUSTRIES is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunities and does not discriminate against applicants or employees on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, age, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, veteran status or any other recognized protected basis under federal, state or local law. Applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodation under applicable federal and state law. A reasonable accommodation refers to a change in the way things are normally done, which will ensure an equal employment opportunity without imposing an undo hardship on Defender Industries. Please contact Human Resources if you need assistance in completing any forms or otherwise participating in the application process.