Maxwell VW Series VW1500 Vertical Windlass
- Provides the versatility of operating two anchors from one winch.
- Rope hauling from any direction using independent 'MAX-grip'™ warping drum with clutch disengagement of chainwheel.
- Permits use of traditional shackle and thimble rope and chain connection.
- Alternative horizontal mounting inside chain locker for below deck installation.
- High-quality finish on above deck components. Heavy chrome over marine-grade alloy bronze.
- Cone type brake/clutch mechanism permits manual "free-fall" anchoring.
- Cone clutches, unlike dog clutches, provide smooth progressive engagement ensuring safe operator control.
- Chainwheel locking pawl (except 500 and 800 Series).
- Simplified through deck installation by modular design and precise alignment of gearbox to the top works utilizing marine-grade stainless steel studs.
- The gearbox has a high efficiency output drive with heavy-duty, wide-face, precision, bronze spur gears in a sealed oil bath. (Specifications differ depending on motor and winch rating)
- Marine-grade alloy gearbox housing, finished with a two coat paint system.
- Oil level inspection sight glass for quick inspection of correct oil level.
- Heavy duty, dual direction motor, designed for marine winches. Isolated ground type, with durable class F insulation. Easily removed for servicing
- Circuit Breaker/Isolator Panel (supplied with DC units only)
- Footswitch (supplied with DC units only)
- Emergency crank handle and clutch control lever
|Maximum Pull||1870 lbs|
|Line Speed** (Normal Working)||56 ft/min|
|Power Supply (DC)||12 or 24 V|
|Motor (Watts)||1200 W|
|Chain Sizes (Short Link)||3/8" BBB|
|Standard Deck Clearance||4"|
** Winch performance when hauling rope with capstan. Chain speed may vary depending on size of chain and gypsy.