Ronstan 40 mm Series 40 Orbit Ratchet Block
Add Item to Cart to See Sale Price
Ronstan Ratchet Orbit Blocks™ have the highest holding power available. The sophisticated NC-machined sheave features Generation 2 of our patented sheave cross-hole geometry. Its holding power is up to 14:1, double that of competitors.
The unique sheave design has 12 gripping faces which directly resist loaded line movement. Traditional designs have only 8 faces with an angled resistance to line movement. The Generation 2 design has straight resistance faces which both distribute the load and minimize rope wear. These faces are offset from the radial line, to draw the rope down into the gripping area when under load.
- Clockwise rotation
- Recessed underside to suit curved mounting surface
- Fully automatic, load sensing ratchet engagement
- Ultra Lightweight
- Up to 14:1 holding power - highest available!
- Low friction 2-stage Orbital ball bearing system
- Highest working load in its class
- Easily fitted and securely retained Dyneema Link head
- Low profile and compact
- Smooth easing of sheets
- Low mounting points for maximum strength
- Mainsheet systems on dinghies, sportsboats and small keelboats to 9m (30ft)
- Spinnaker sheets on dinghies, sportsboats and small keel boats to 9m (30ft)
- Halyard, Vang and Backstay application on boast to 8m (26ft)
- Control line applications on larger yachts
- Safe working load: 385 lb (175 kg)
- Breaking load: 1102 lb (500 kg)
- Weight: 1.3oz (36g)
- Sheave diameter: 1-9/16" (40 mm)
- Maximum line size: 5/16" (8 mm)
- Ball bearings - High compression strength carbon black Acetal
- Stage 2 bearing - Carbon fiber reinforced, PTFE impregnated Nylon
- Frame/Cheeks - Toughened, glass fiber reinforced Nylon
- Rope Link: UV stabilized, multi-strand impregmented SK75 Dyneema®
Kilogram for kilogram of working load BB and RT Orbit Blocks™ are the world's lightest. To gain peak performance, Ronstan engineered out the heavy steel load straps, head post, shackle and cleating accessories. Through extensive research and development, Ronstan replaced virtually all metal components with high-tech polymers and fiber equivalents.
Weight and bulk are further reduced in the different block configurations. The ball bearing single and becket block has a through-sheave becket arrangement. The result? The lowest weight possible.
Multi-sheave blocks have only single intermediate cheeks and an ultra-light and efficient head arrangement. Other brands just link together their single blocks with a heavy steel channel across the top of the block, with unnecessary extra cheeks adding extra weight and bulk not found in Ronstan Orbit Blocks™.
Highest working load in its class
The proven Ronstan 2-stage bearing system (Series 30 and larger) features high compression grade Acetal ball bearings and a secondary full-contact bearing. This gives minimum friction across the full working load range.
The sheave and bearing system is supported by a fiber-reinforced load frame, computer modeled and optimized using advanced stress analysis methods. The Dyneema® Link, used in multi-sheave blocks, is produced from high spec SK75 fiber, which is 10 times stronger and lighter than steel, and provides the final connection from the block to the load point.
Simple, versatile and secure attachment
The single block is easily lashed to an attachment point, and can also accept Dyneema® Links and shackles for a variety of efficient attachment alternatives. The Dyneema® Link used in multi-sheave blocks is easily fitted and secured by a removable pin. The Dyneema® Link can also be removed and replaced by a shackle, custom lashing or strop.
These blocks are far more compatible with Dyneema®/Spectra® lines, carbon laminate connection points and webbing than traditional blocks with steel loop tops or shackles.
Low profile and compact
The two way head in the single lashing block allows for alignment at 0° or 90° orientation, while the single swivel block allows for full articulation.
The flexible Dyneema® Link used in multi-sheave blocks provides 0° or 90° orientation. It connects directly to the head of the block rather than to an intermediate head post. This reduces weight and gives the lowest possible profile while allowing full articulation.
High performance cleating
Ronstan BB Orbit Blocks™ feature strong, lightweight fiber-reinforced cleat arms optimized at the required cleating angle. Race-proven, carbon-fiber reinforced Ronstan C-Cleats give secure rope holding with low entry and exit efforts, and are fitted with fairleads for fast action from any angle