Schaefer Boom Vang Kit
Schaefer 4:1 Boom Vang / Preventer Kit for boats up to about 38'. Boom vangs are important on any sized sailboat. Vangs are primarily used to control the leech of the mainsail by restraining the boom from rising when sailing downwind helping to eliminate excessive sail twist which can make your boat unstable by increasing its tendency to roll in waves.
- Investment cast stainless steel snap shackle ends-provide easy attachment
- Can also be used as a preventer when attached to a toe rail keeping the boom from swinging in, in light air and avoiding accidental gybes in heavy air
- Updated die cast aluminum cam cleat with Delrin bearings
- Delrin sheaves
- Purchase: 4:1
- Maximum Capacity: LOA 38', Displacement: 18,000 lbs., Sail Area: 715 sq. ft.
- Safe Working Load: 2,250 lbs.
- Line: 3/8" x 40'
- Weight: 4lbs. 4oz.
Item #: 602796
Item #: 602799
Item #: 602800
Item #: 602804
Item #: 600719