Wichard Backstay Adjusters (5526)
This item is a special order and may not be cancelled or returned.
This item typically has a 1 week lead time before shipping.
On sailboats the backstay adjuster enables the crew to precisely adjust and control the forestay tension. Control equates to optimum performance of the headsail and guarantees smooth operation of a furling system.
- When not under sail, the backstay adjuster permits the release of tension on the rig, thereby helping to prolong the life of the rigging and fittings
- The smaller backstay adjusters are made with a wheel system which is strong, quick and easy to use
- Version: Wheel adjuster
- Material: Grade 316L stainless steel
- Applications: 5 / 6 / 7 mm wire diameter:
- Open: 20-1/2"
- Closed: 13-3/4"
- Pin diameter: 1/2"
- Length pin to pin closed / open: 13.78" x 20.47" (350 / 520 mm)
- Toggle length x width: 15 x 20 mm
- Stud diameter: 1/2"
- Functional load: 7.700 lb
- Breaking load: 11,700 lb
Imperial dimensions are approximate. The manufacturer built this product to metric specs.