Wichard Backstay Adjusters (5568)
Note: This item ships directly from the manufacturer.
This item typically has a 1 week lead time before shipping.
On sailboats the backstay adjuster enables the crew to precisely adjust and control the forestay tension. Control equates to optimum performance of the headsail and guarantees smooth operation of a furling system.
- When not under sail, the backstay adjuster permits the release of tension on the rig, thereby helping to prolong the life of the rigging and fittings
- The smaller backstay adjusters are made with a wheel system which is strong, quick and easy to use
- Version: Ratchet adjuster
- Material: Grade 316L stainless steel
- Applications: 5/16" to 3/8" wire diameter:
- Open: 29-3/4" (660 mm)
- Closed: 19-7/8" (440 mm)
- Pin diameter: 5/8" (16 mm)
- Length pin to pin closed / open: 19-7/8 to 29-3/4
- Toggle length x width: 11/16" x 7/8" (17 x 22 mm)
- Stud diameter: 9/16" (14 mm)
- Functional load: 15,400 lb
- Breaking load: 19,800 lb
Imperial dimensions are approximate. The manufacturer built this product to metric specs.