Wichard Babystay Adjuster (5546)
Note: This item ships directly from the manufacturer.
This item typically has a 1 week lead time before shipping.
On sailboats the backstay adjuster enables the crew to precisely adjust and control the forestay tension. Control equates to optimum performance of the headsail and guarantees smooth operation of a furling system.
- Ideal for fitting a removable, inner forestay (Genoa or Solent)
- Easy to install thanks to snap shackle
- Strongly recommended when there is a furling system
- Wheel model offers outstanding value for it's size
- Improves overall performance of the boat (especially those equipped with a reefing-furling system)
- Length Pin to Pin (closed / open): 12-3/16" / 9-3/16" (250 mm / 310 mm)
- Toggle length x width: 3/16" x 13/16" (5 mm x 20 mm)
- Pin diameter: 1/2" (12 mm)
- Stud diameter: 1/2" (12 mm)
- For wire diameter: 3/16" - 1/4" (5 mm / 6 mm / 7 mm)
- Working load: 7700 (2800 kg)
- Breaking Load: 11,700 (5300 kg)
- Grade 316L stainless steel
- HR stainless steel snap shackle (17.4 PH)
Metric Conversion Information
- To convert inches to mm - Multiply inches by 25.4
- To convert mm to inches - Multiply millimeters by 0.0394
Imperial dimensions are approximate. The manufacturer built this product to metric specs.