Maretron Micro Multi Port Box
This Maretron CM-CF-4 multiport box allows several micro drop cables** to be consolidated and connected back to the trunk, which eliminates the need to have numerous tees connected near a single point. The multiport box connects to the trunk through a double-ended cordset and Tee (must be bought separately). Ideal for locations with multiple NMEA 2000 devices such as behind dashboards.
- Ideal for consolidating many connections; for example behind dashboards
- Requires the purchase of an additional double-ended cordset for connection back to the trunk
**Micro / Mid Cable Specifications
- Micro: 2 x 22AWG power conductors, 18.1 ohms/1000ft, red/black
- Micro: 2 x 22AWG data conductors, white/blue
- Micro: 1 x 22AWG drain wire
- Micro: PVC gray cover
- Mid: 2 x 16AWG power conductors, 4.1 ohms/1000ft, red/black
- Mid: 2 x 20AWG data conductors, white/blue
- Mid: 1 x 20AWG drain wire
- Mid: PVC gray or blue outer cover to color-code wiring
- Micro/Mid connectors rated at 4A max
- For 12V systems only
Maretron makes three sizes of cable: micro, mid and mini. Micro cable is the smallest, and mini cable the largest. Mid cable uses micro connectors, but has larger gauge power conductors in the wire to meet some regulatory requirements. Mid cable will also give a lower power voltage drop along long cable lengths when used as the network backbone or trunk.
Maretron micro and mid cable is for use on smaller boats where the total cable length between any two points on the network does not exceed 100 meters i.e. most recreational boats. It can also be used as drop cable on boats that have a mini trunk cable. All Maretron sensors, displays and transducers have connectors for micro/mid cable. Cable Adapters are needed to connect micro/mid cable to mini cable.
Note: NMEA 2000 cables come in two sizes:
- Micro Cables are the most common size used on boats 40' and under. Raymarine, Lowrance and Simrad typically use this size cable
- Mini Cables are heavier duty cables used on larger boats to power many more nitts with longer runs
Item #: 260661GRA100
Item #: 260661GRA040
Item #: 260661GRA010
Item #: 260661GRA005