Lewmar V1 Vertical Windlass Kit
- Deck Unit
- Motor / Gearbox
- Circuit breaker
- Helm station switch
- Handle to dismantle the windlass
- Provides the versatility of operating two anchors from one winch.
- Rope hauling from any direction using independent 'MAX-grip'™ warping drum with clutch disengagement of chainwheel.
- Permits use of traditional shackle and thimble rope and chain connection.
- Alternative horizontal mounting inside chain locker for below deck installation.
- High-quality finish on above deck components. Heavy chrome over marine-grade alloy bronze.
- Cone type brake/clutch mechanism permits manual "free-fall" anchoring.
- Cone clutches, unlike dog clutches, provide smooth progressive engagement ensuring safe operator control.
- Chainwheel locking pawl (except 500 and 800 Series).
- Simplified through deck installation by modular design and precise alignment of gearbox to the top works utilizing marine-grade stainless steel studs.
- The gearbox has a high efficiency output drive with heavy-duty, wide-face, precision, bronze spur gears in a sealed oil bath. (Specifications differ depending on motor and winch rating)
- Marine-grade alloy gearbox housing, finished with a two coat paint system.
- Oil level inspection sight glass for quick inspection of correct oil level.
- Heavy duty, dual direction motor, designed for marine winches. Isolated ground type, with durable class F insulation. Easily removed for servicing
- Maximum Pull 1000 lbs
- Chain (Short Link) 5/16" (HT) G-4
- Line: 9/16 or 5/8" 3-Strand or 5/8" 8-Plait
- Line Speed** (Normal Working) 33 ft/min
- Power Supply (DC) 12 Volt
- Motor (Watts) 1200 W
- Standard Deck Clearance 4"
** Winch performance when hauling rope with capstan. Chain speed may vary depending on size of chain and gypsy.
Note: Lewmar products are designed for use in recreational marine applications. Any commercial application is forbidden without the prior approval of Lewmar engineering and management.
Item #: 001386
Item #: 002736
Item #: 000527