Maxwell HWC Series HWC15 Horizontal Windlass Kit with Capstan
- 1200 Watt Motor
- A dual direction solenoid - P19045
- Two foot switches - P19006
- Up/Down panel switch - P102938
- On/Off breaker panel - P100791
- Emergency crank handle
- The Maxwell HWC Series is designed for automatic horizontal handling of chain-only anchor rodes while offering an independent capstan for the retrieval of a secondary rope and chain rode or to assist with docking procedures
- Fully automatic single or dual direction (with optional Dual direction solenoid) chainwheel operation.
- MAX-grip™ warping drum for independent rope hauling only.
- Optional dual anchor handling with smooth independent control of each chainwheel via cone clutches.
- Chainpipe and stripper included.
- Cone-type brake/clutch mechanism permits manual "free-fall" anchoring. Cone clutches, unlike dog clutches, provide smooth progressive engagement ensuring safe and precise operator control.
- Chainwheel locking pawl.
- Simple deck mounted installation with no under deck parts.
- Simplified maintenance with ability to strip the running gear (chainwheel and capstan drum) from the winch without disturbing the winch mounting.
- Heavy duty, dual direction motor, designed for marine winches. Isolated ground type, with durable class F insulation.
- The gearbox has a high-efficiency output drive with heavy-duty wide-face, precision, bronze spur gears in a sealed oil bath. It is removable as a sealed unit for servicing. (Specifications differ depending on motor and winch rating).
- Chainwheel and warping drum of high-quality chrome finish over marine-grade alloy bronze.
- Marine-grade pretreated alloy casing, powder coated and finished with a two component white polyurethane paint.
Important: Maxwell windlasses must be used in conjunction with a chain stopper or snubbing device to take the load off the windlass while laying at anchor. The chain stopper and alternative snubbing system should also be used to secure the anchor in the fully raised position while under way.
- Model 1500
- Maximum Pull: 680kg (1500 lbs)
- Line Speed: 12 m/min (Normal Working) (40 ft/min)
- Power Supply: (DC) 12 Volts Motor (Watts) 1200 w
- Hydraulic Pressure: 138 BAR (2000 PSI)
- Hydraulic Flow: 20 l/min (5.3 US gal )
- Chain Sizes: 6-10 mm (Short Link) (1/4"- 3/8")
- Dimensions: 15-3/8" L x 15" W x 8-1/6" H
Click here for a Dimensional Drawing (PDF)
Documentation available at the following links:
Item #: 001781
Item #: 012224
Item #: 012352