Maxwell HWC Series HWC35 Horizontal Windlass Kit With Capstan
THIS PRODUCT CANNOT SHIP STANDARD GROUND.
It ships ONLY by Truck Freight.
Please call us at 800-628-8225 or E-mail for a valid shipping quote, since Truck Freight rates change regularly.
This item ships directly from the manufacturer.
- 1200 Watt Motor
- A dual direction solenoid - P19045
- Two foot switches - P19006
- Up/Down panel switch - P102938
- On/Off breaker panel - P100791
- Emergency crank handle
- Maximum Pull: 3500 lbs / 1590 kg
- Line Speed(normal working): 33 ft/min / 10m/min
- Power Supply: (DC): 12 volt
- Motor (Watts):1200w
- Hydraulic Pressure: 2000 PSI / 138BAR
- Hydraulic Flow: 8.5 gallon/min / 32 l/m
- Chain Sizes: (Short Link): 3/8" - 1/2" / 10-13mm
- The HWC Series is designed for automatic horizontal handling of chain-only anchor rodes while offering an independent capstan for the retrieval of a secondary rope and chain rode or to assist with docking procedures
- Fully automatic single, or dual direction operation (with optional Dual direction solenoid)
- 'MAX-grip™' warping drum for independent rope hauling only
- Optional dual anchor handling with smooth independent control of each chainwheel via cone clutches
- Chainpipe and stripper included
- Cone-type brake/clutch mechanism permits manual 'free-fall' anchoring. Cone clutches, unlike dog clutches, provide smooth progressive engagement ensuring safe and precise operator control
- Chainwheel locking pawl
- Simple deck mounted installation with no under deck parts
- Simplified maintenance with ability to strip the running gear (chainwheel and capstan drum) from the winch without disturbing the winch mounting
- Heavy duty, dual-direction electric motors. Isolated ground type with durable class F insulation throughout motor
- The gearbox has a high-efficiency output drive with heavy-duty wide-face, precision, bronze spur gears in a sealed oil bath. It is removable as a sealed unit for servicing. (Specifications differ depending on motor and winch rating)
- Chainwheel and warping drum of high-quality chrome finish over marine-grade alloy bronze
- Marine-grade pretreated alloy casing, powder coated and finished with a two component white polyurethane paint
*Maxwell windlasses must be used in conjunction with a chain stopper or snubbing device to take the load off the windlass while laying at anchor. The chain stopper and alternative snubbing system can also be used to secure the anchor in the fully raised position while under way.
Click here for a Dimensional Drawing (PDF)
Documentation available at the following links:
Maxwell AA710 Wireless Handheld Remote Windlass Controller & Rode Counter
Item #: 001781
Maxwell AA150 Rode/Chain Counter
Item #: 012224
Maxwell AA560 Windlass Controller and Rode Counter
Item #: 012352