Octopus Hydraulic Linear Actuator - Remanufactured
The Octopus Hydraulic Linear Actuator is a simple, effective way to drive the rudder on a boat equipped with a mechanical steering system.
- For power and sailboats with mechanical steering
- Recommended for vessels up to 60 feet or 33,000 lbs
- This drive is compatible with most of the major Autopilot Electronic brands.
- When the autopilot is not in use the cylinder runs freely along with the rudder.
- When the automatic pilot is in use a solenoid valve on the actuator closes and locks the cylinder.
- Steering signals from the pilot are now fed to the D.C. motor, which drives the pump to move the cylinder back and forth.
- De-energized, the solenoid valve immediately disconnects the automatic pilot from the rudder.
- The actuator has a small translucent oil reservoir, making it easy to check fluid levels.
- These actuators have only five moving parts.
- Mechanical simplicity gives Precision Products reliability and ease of service when compared to complicated gear and screw actuators, making Precision Products units a favorite for offshore mariners.
- These actuators are shipped from their factory completely filled with oil and require no additional plumbing.
Precision Products is a world leader in the design and manufacture of automatic pilot drive units. Our products are backed by twenty five years of continuous experience in the design of marine steering systems. Since their introduction in 1984 Precision Products have been used on thousands of commercial vessels and yachts using virtually every make of autopilot. Electronic manufacturers worldwide recommend and use these products as the muscle to move rudders on all kinds of vessels from runabouts to tugs.
Precision Products Features:
- Years of experience as a market leader adopting on-the-edge technology
- Customized products, compatible with all major brands of Autopilots
- Committed to continuous process improvement
- Integrated units, versatile and easy to install Efficient & powerful motors
- MDR’s deliver up 300 lbs thrust
- Minimal power draw:
- MDR’s average less than 5 amps
- 12 Volt Reversing pumps average 7 amps
- Fixed and remote jog steering controllers enable convenient use as a stand alone jog steering system
- Complete product solutions for all boat types ( pleasure / commercial up to 120’ )