Understanding Boat Corrosion, Lightning Protection & Interference
Understanding Boat Corrosion, Lightning Protection & Interference provides illustrations that make the subject easier to understand, covering galvanic corrosion, what it is and how to avoid it, stray current corrosion and protecting against it, lightning protection, grounding and much more.
- Slightly larger than pocket-sized
- Concise and compact in nature, combining informative text with detailed photos and drawings
- Solid information on topics many misunderstand
- Easy-to-understand, including treatments of technical issues faced by every boat owner
- Includes the following subjects:
- Galvanic Corrosion, what it is and how to avoid it;
- Stray Current Corrosion, how to protect your boat;
- Reading Zinc anodes;
- Components of Lightning;
- Lightning Cone of Protection,
- Improving Grounding;
- Radio Frequency Interference (RFI), and more.
About the Author:
- Author John C. Payne is a sailor and professional marine electrical engineer and surveyor with a long career in merchant shipping and the offshore oil industry
- His unique combination of technical know-how and practical experience at sea has made him a much sought-after authority on the subject
- He is the author of Marine Electrical and Electronics Bible, Motorboat Electrical and Electronics Manual, and The Great Cruising Cookbook
- Author John C. Payne
- Pages: 96
- Publish date: 2005
- ISBN-10: 157409162X
- ISBN-13: 978-1574091625
- Size: 5-1/2" x 8-1/2"