Ronstan 75 mm Series 75 Core Block
Core Blocks are a true all round solution. A tuned 2-stage bearing system provides excellent performance across the full working load range with an integrated thrust bearing feature and the resilience to handle high dynamic or static loads. Acetal sheave, alloy cheeks and stainless fixings complete the durable package. For reliability and a long service life, these blocks are the right choice for sheets, halyards and control line applications for cruising and racing.
- Class leading performance and sleek, contemporary styling
- Excellent dynamic and high static load performance
- Less than half the friction of the nearest competitor
- Durable aluminum alloy cheek plates
- Central hub hole can be used as a becket take-of or tie-up point
- Universal head with full 3-axis articulation
- Head posts can be locked at 0 or 90 degress by using 2.5 mm Hex / Allen Key
- Alloy Rope / Wire sheave version also available
- Safe working load: 3300 lb (1500 kg)
- Breaking load: 6600 lb (3000 kg)
- Weight: 12.5oz (354g)
- Sheave diameter: 3" (75 mm)
- Maximum line size: 9/16" (14 mm)
- Ideal for use on mainsheet, spinnaker sheet, vang, halyard and backstay applications on boats up to 14m (46ft)
- General applications on larger yachts
- Alloy sheave models are available for use with wire
- UV stabilized acetal or anodized aluminum sheave (AW models)
- aluminum alloy cheek plates
- Grade 316 stainless steel shackle, post & hub
Dynamic and high static load performance
The Ronstan Universal Bearing incorporates our proven 2-stage bearing system
Stage 1 - Under moderate loads, Acetal ball bearings ensure minimum friction.
Stage 2 - Under heavy loads, where deformation of ball bearings alone would result in increased friction, a sliding Acetal bearing on a polished stainless steel race takes over, maintaining low friction performance.
Additionally the ball bearings are configured to act as a thrust bearing between the sheave and cheeks, preventing the sheave from rubbing on the cheeks and causing friction when the line lead in and out of the block isn’t perfect. Particularly important for cheek blocks.
Alloy cheek plates
Block cheeks are manufactured from the highest quality alloy for maximum strength. Material optimization and the cut-away design minimizes weight and allows easy fresh water rinsing of salt and debris from the bearings. Cheek design has been further styled with flaring at the block throat and reduced gap between the cheek and sheave, minimizing rope wear.
The head assembly incorporates a brass bearing washer to provide smooth 360° rotation of the post and shackle. A set screw arrangement allows the head to be locked at 0° or 90°.
Shackles are high quality forged grade 316 stainless steel.
Item #: 603523
Item #: 603524
Item #: 603525
Item #: 603526
Item #: 603527
Item #: 603528
Item #: 603529