Maxwell HRC Series HRC-8 Horizontal Windlass
- The Maxwell HRCFF8-8 Windlass is designed for boats up to 45 feet, the compact HRC 8 is Maxwell's horizontal version of their vertical RC 8 automatic rope / chain windlasses
- These sleek units incorporate Maxwell's automatic free fall technology
- Trouble-Free rode transition is guaranteed by means of an innovative, proven and patented pressure arm system, within a safe, enclosed design
- The HRC 8 has a patented uniquely designed chain wheel that will accommodate ANY 5/16" or 8 mm marine grade chain spliced to 9/16" rope
- Aesthetically pleasing above deck design, encapsulating the motor and drive in an IP66 rated watertight case, saving space below deck and allowing simple routine maintenance.
- Case Material: Anodized Aluminum
- High-pressure die cast, marine-grade, alloy case is chromate passivated and polyester powder coated for unsurpassed marine protection.
- Simple bolt down installation ensures effortless and rapid on-deck installation and set up.
- Proven and patented pressure arm system, within a safe, enclosed design, guarantees trouble free rode transition from rope to chain.
- Integrated composite nylon, through deck hawse pipe for ease of installation and smooth, snag free operation.
- High efficiency spur gearbox incorporating a robust non-backwind mechanism.
- High speed, jam free retrieval of rope and chain controlled from a remote panel mounted Up/down switch.
- Emergency free fall function in the event of onboard power failure.
- High quality Stainless Steel chainwheels
- Heavy duty, dual direction motor incorporating new technology features, including integrated wiring for quick electrical installation, is easily removed for simple routine electric brush maintenance.
- Trouble free transition from rope to chain by means of an innovative pressure arm system within a safer enclosed design
- Exclusive Maxwell 3 YEAR Limited Warranty
Important : Maxwell windlasses must be used in conjunction with a chain stopper or snubbing device to take the load off the windlass while laying at anchor. The chainstopper and alternative snubbing system should also be used to secure the anchor in the fully raised position while under way.
|Maximum Pull|| |
|*All Acceptable Chain Types|| |
5/16" HT/BBB or 8mm Short Link Marine Chain **
| Rope Size (Nylon)*** |
(3 strand or 8 plait)****
| Line Speed |
|Power Supply (DC)|| |
|Motor Power|| |
|Circuit Breaker|| |
|Net Weight (Electric)|| |
**The Maxwell Wave Design Chain Wheels used across the RC Series meet DIN 766, EN818, ISO4565, Grade L (AUS), ISO (G30 G43) and limited NACM standards
*** Note: Refer to owners manual for rope size variations
**** Note: Recommended: 8-Plait
- Maxwell HRCFF8-8 Windlass
- On / Off breaker Panel
- Reversing solenoid up/down
- Panel switch
- Clutch release handle
Item #: 001143
Item #: 001744
Item #: 002936ASW6-8
Item #: 001747
Item #: 001743
Item #: 012356
Item #: 002937CST8--
Item #: 012026
Item #: 003358CGH008