Sunbrella Supreme Marine Fabric
It typically ships within 2 business days (more...)
Sunbrella Supreme is a unique fabric. A urethane adhesive is used to adhere acrylic "flocking" to the back of regular Sunbrella. Flocking is made up of very short precision cut fibers that are adhered to the surface on end. These fibers improve numerous characteristics of the fabric and at the same time still permit the passage of air that reduces the tendency for condensation under covers.
The flocking can be given a lighter color to brighten cover interiors. Colors are extremely consistent and can be mixed and matched between Sunbrella Marine Grade, Plus, Supreme or even SeaMark. Use for dodgers, biminis, tops, boat covers, awnings, tote bags, window coverings, equipment covers, and bags. 5 year warranty.
- The flocking does permit the passage of air to reduce the tendency for condensation under covers, however it is more limited than standard Sunbrella
- The acrylic flocking increases water resistance and is considered "essentially waterproof"
- The soft surface is very kind to varnish and plastic parts, and the flocking improves abrasion resistance
- There is no better material for outdoor use than Sunbrella! Excellent longevity and colorfastness even when exposed to harsh sunlight
- Solution dyed means that the yarn color runs throughout the cross-section of the fiber and equates to excellent colorfastness
- Easy to clean, and although a soft tight weave, dirt easily washes free from the crevasses of the yarn and flocking.
- The urethane binder between sides does make dislodging dirt slightly more difficult than cleaning standard Sunbrella Marine Grade
13 oz. per square yard.
Colors not listed available by Special Order
Note: Use a #16 needle or smaller when sewing this fabric to minimize potential seam leakage.