Awlgrip 545 Epoxy Primer Converter
This product ships ground only
Awlgrip Converter For 545 Epoxy 2 Part Primer System 545 Epoxy Primer
Awlgrip Converter For 545 Epoxy 2 Part Primer System
545 Epoxy PrimerThis is one part of a two part system, (D3001), used with gray or White Primer Base
545 Epoxy Primer is a multi-use epoxy primer used to seal filler primers and fairing work before applying topcoats. For use above and below the waterline.
- Can be used to seal filler primers and fairing work before applying topcoats
- Gives an ideal undercoat for all Awlgrip topcoats
- Fast overcoating times
- Two component epoxy primer
- Corrosion and adhesion properties for steel, aluminum, wood, and fiberglass substrates
- May be applied by spray, brush, or roller
- May be used above or below the waterline
***Professional Use Only***
- Coverage: 298 Sq. Feet at one mil dry, 198-496 Sq. Feet at recommended dry film thickness. Coverage calculated for mixed base and converter, reduced 50%.
- Coverage calculations are based on theoretical transfer efficiency of 100%. Actual coverage rate obtained will vary according to equipment choice, application techniques, part size, and application
- Recommended Wet Film Thickness: 7-10 mils (175-250 microns)
- Recommended Dry Film Thickness: 2-3 mils (50-75 microns)
- Recoatability: At 77F/50% R.H. minimum 2-4 hours. Maximum without sanding is 24 hours.
- Plan your work schedule to eliminate having to sand 30-Y-94TM.
- May be overcoated with AWLGRIP/AWLCRAFT 2000 Topcoats, 545 Epoxy Primer, High Build Epoxy Primer, AWL-QUIK Sanding Surfacer, and ULTRA-BUILD Epoxy Primer.
- VOC: White Base 435 g/lt or 3.6 lbs/gal. Gray Base 426 g/lt or 3.6 lbs/gal. Converter 616 g/lt or 5.1 lbs/gal.
- Type: Epoxy Polyamide
- Packaging: 1 Gallon or 1 Quart containers.
Surface Preparation Aluminum: Sandblast or grind to 100% clean silver color or treat with Alumiprep 33/Alodine 1201/ Steel: Sandblast/grind SSPC-SP5-85 or Sa 2 1/2. Gelcoat/Fiberglass: Sand with 100-150 grit paper. Wood: Smooth sand with 80-100 grit paper.
Mixing and Reduction
Spray: Mix by volume one part 545 base with one part D3001 to a smooth homogenous mixture. Reduce up to 25% with T0003. Overall mix is 1:1 1/2 by volume. Example: 8 oz 545 base, 8 oz D3001, 4 oz T0006.
Brush/Roll: Reduce 5-10% with T0031. Below 75° F you may use Cold Cure Accelerator M3066 to maintain dry and cure times. Anticipated Pot life at 77° F and 50% relative humidity is 16 hours.
Spray Application: Apply smooth, wet coats to fill and cover surface profile. Two to 3 may be needed at 5 - 6.5 mils WFT yielding 2-3 mils DFT.
Brush and Roller Application: Apply 2 coats at 3-4 mils WFT yielding 1.0 - 1.5 DFT per coat. Allow 12-14 hrs between coats. Light sanding between coats will improve appearance. For large surfaces rolling, then tipping with a brush is preferred. Do not apply paint materials to surfaces warmer than 105° F or colder than 55° F. Do not attempt to cure products at temperatures below 55° F.
Warning: Do not apply paint materials to surfaces less than 3° C or 5° F above dew point or to surfaces warmer than 41° C or 105° F. Ambient temp should be a minimum 13° C / 55° F and max 41° C or 105° F.
Item #: 751369
Item #: 990054