The longest continuous length we have in stock is: 50 yd
*We may be able to special order longer lengths.
Please call us at 800-628-8225 Or email customer service
Mutual Industries Fiberglass Repair Tape
0.19 Lbs / yd
Please note: Items Cut to Custom Lengths Are Not Returnable.
- Mutual Industries Fiberglass Repair Tape is a 9 ounce Basket weave
- Finished selvaged edge prevents unraveling
- Extremely useful for finishing work, strengthening stress points, reinforcing cabin edges, gunwales, keels, rudders, oars, etc.
- Mutual Industries removes the lubricating sizing applied to fiberglass yarns so that they can become compatible with most thermosetting resins
- This removal process is done by baking the cloth and removing the sizes through burn-off
- Many types of chemical finishes are applied by Mutual after heat treatment
- Chemicals used by Mutual in processing fiberglass fabrics are designed to be compatible with thermosetting resins
- This serves to vastly improve resin bonding by chemical bridging
- At Mutual the finishing and processing operations, including the application and control of chemicals, is conducted under strict quality control standards
- Fiberglass boat, tooling and structural reinforcement tapes are used primarily for "wet lay-up" applications
- To optimize the tape's wettability and cure time characteristics, Mutual fiberglass tapes are manufactured with a fairly open weave
- To insure maximum compatibility between the glass and resin, Mutual uses advanced state-of-the art heat cleaning and finishing equipment.
- Width: 12"
- Material: Polyester Foil
- Designed for taping seams and edges of noise dampening panels
- MIL-Y-1140H: "Yarn, Cord, Sleeving, Cloth and Tape Glass"
- MIL-C-20079F: "Cloth, Glass, Tape, Textile Glass, and Thread, Glass"
- MIL-C-9084-C: "Cloth, Glass, Finished, for Resin Laminates"
- MIL-1-24244A: (Ships): "Insulation Materials, Thermal, with Special Corrosion and Chloride Requirements"
- U.S. Coast Guard Subpart 164.009: "Incombustible Materials for Merchant Vessels"
- AMS-3824: "Cloth, Type "E" Glass, Finished for Resin Laminates"
- ASTM-D-579: "Glass Fabric, Woven Tests and Tolerances"
- NEMA VE-40: "Continuous-Filament Woven Glass Fabric Used in Flexible Electrical Insulation"