Isotherm 2554 Compact Classic Water Cooled Refrigeration Component System
It typically ships within 2 business days (more...)
- Sea water cooling for higher efficiency
- The Isotherm SP System uses a patented thru-hull that removes heat through the superior cooling physics of water
- The special alloy of the fitting is resistant to electrolysis and the growth of barnacles or grasses
- The SP system comes complete with zinc and sea cock
- Heat is removed by water which means cooler inside the boat
- This method is completely independent from the air temperature inside the boat so even on the hottest days the water-cooled Isotherm SP operates consistently at an extremely high level of efficiency
- Lower power consumption
- Silent with no fan nor pumps
- Working without fans or pumps to remove the heat generated by the compressor, the SP system consumes much less battery power and is remarkably quiet
- No extra holes in hull required
- Simple to fit. Replaces the through-hull fitting for galley sink
- The Isotherm SP unit uses the natural pumping motion of the hull to exchange heat through a special fitting that can replace the galley sink drain thru-hull
- The flow is completely free inside the galley drain hose, so each movement of the surrounding water carries heat away into the water
- The special thru-hull fitting contains a non restricting, full flow spiral heat exchanger for cooling the heated refrigeration agent, thus creating an extremely efficient cooling system
- Even in the calmest waters, the natural physics of molecular heat transfer of water carries away heat
- The SP System still functions sufficiently to cool refrigerant even when the boat is hauled out by creating a chimney effect to carry away heat through the natural convection of warm air
- Evaporator Dimensions: 47" x 7"
- Compressor Dimensions: 8" x 5" x 6"
Additional Handling Note:
Most carriers impose an extra handling fee of $12.00, that will be added to your shipping charges if it applies.
Isotherm has a 5-year limited warranty on all compressors. All other parts are covered by a two-year limited warranty with one-year warranty on labor.
Item #: 402379