Hooper Caulking Cotton
Status: In Stock
- Cotton caulking is used between wooden planks
- The wooden planks swell tightly against the cotton and caulk to seal seams
- It is typically used prior to "Oakum" * on large boat seams
- Can be used by itself for smaller boats
- A 1 pound roll of cotton contains about 210 feet of fluffy cotton that can be "rolled down" to further elongate the entire roll
* Note: Oakum is a preparation of tarred fiber used in shipbuilding, for caulking or packing the joints of timbers in wooden vessels and the deck planking of iron and steel ships, as well as cast iron pipe plumbing applications.