Jabsco Impeller Kit
Jabsco flexible impellers can be fitted to most makes and models of engine cooling water pumps, bilge pumps, transfer and general purpose pumps. Jabsco flexible impellers are subjected to rigorous quality processes to ensure reliable, efficient and long lasting performance.
- Use Neoprene Impellers for engine cooling, and for fresh or salt water transfer duties
- Neoprene is the most commonly used material and is suitable for use where only small amounts of oil or diesel fuel are present
- Use Nitrile Impellers for bilge pumping, and for transfer duties where the water is heavily contaminated, for example by oil or diesel
- Replace all impellers at least once every year, or sooner, depending on the engine duty
- When the installation is correct an impeller may last for several years, but it is always advisable to stick to a schedule of preventative, rather than corrective, maintenance
- Always grease new impellers
- This makes it easier to install the impeller into the pump bore
- This also gives added protection to the impeller during initial prime
- After replacing the gasket and end cover the pump is ready to use
- Always carry spare impellers on board in case of emergency
- The impeller is one of the most vital components of the engine cooling system and should always be treated as such
- OD: 3-3/4"
- Width: 3-9/16"
- Shaft: 1"
- Drive Type: Spline Drive
- Spline seal
- CAT PN# 4L8470
- DDA PN# 5196168, PN# 5198550, PN# 8924839
- Johnson 09-814B
Documentation available at the following links:
Item #: 506407