The longest continuous length we have in stock is: 50 feet.*
*We may be able to special order longer lengths.
Please call us at 800-628-8225 Or email customer service
Hypervent Condensation Prevention Matting
Plain and simple, a differential between the inside and outside temperature can cause condensation. A favorite place for condensation is under mattresses, bunk pads and cushions. Ask any boater and they'll tell you stories of damage caused by condensation.
HyperVent is the most practical solution for the prevention of dampness (condensation) forming beneath boat beds. Before HyperVent, the approach to dealing with dampness and the resulting mold (odor) was to accept the problem as inevitable and to treat the symptoms. The most common treatment was simply drying the bedding above-deck in the sun (if available).
- HyperVent is a special material that consists of a white spun polymer woven into a large open configuration that is bonded to a breathable white fabric layer
- This light mesh of polymer does not compress, allowing an open layer of air to form
- It is 3/4" thick, allowing plenty of dry air to circulate
- This material is lightweight and flexible, yet rigid enough to hold its shape indefinitely
- The texture of HyperVent can not be felt even through the thinnest of mattresses
- HyperVent prevents dampness and the accompanying annoyances in three ways:
- 1. Allows warm air to circulate under the mattress, thereby minimizing an essential condition for condensation.
- 2. The circulating air allowed by HyperVent promotes evaporation of moisture.
- 3. HyperVent separates the bedding from any moisture that might form.
- The primary characteristics that contribute to the success & satisfaction with HyperVent include:
- The semi-rigid structure that elevates the mattress and bedding (even with a heavy person) and allows nearly unobstructed air flow
- Easy to cut (scissors work fine)
- Easy to join in order to make any required extended width (with adhesive applied to a 3" overhanging flap which can act as a hinge)
- Easy to clean and dry if washed (very durable, unaffected by common soaps, hot water or steam cleaning)
- Very light weight (4.3 oz. per square yard!) ~ Easy to roll up or bend through tight passageways
- Virtually maintenance-free but can be washed... extremely durable
- Outlasts the life of any mattress
- Unaffected by freezing temperatures (it maintains its strength and flexibility)
- HyperVent comes in White in widths of 39" and uncut lengths to 50'
- HyperVent isn't just for boaters
- HyperVent is being used in airplanes, campers, motor homes, mobile homes, houses, apartments and dog beds, just to name a few other uses
- Also, dock lockers and boxes, sail and rope lockers, drawers, in and around ice boxes and refrigerators are just some new areas where HyperVent is being used
- HyperVent also works well under cans and metal containers to prevent rust
- Around bilge pump intakes to prevent clogging
Item #: 100426
Item #: 755045
Item #: 900024
Caframo Stor-Dry Air Circulator
Item #: 900025