Defender Pre-Made Anchor Rode - 8 Plait Rope Spliced to High Test Chain
- Rope: 5/8" x 300' Long - 8 Plait
- Chain: 3/8" x30' Long - G4, HT chain
- Total length of anchor rode is approx. 330 feet
- Anchor rodes complement rope chain gypsies fitted to all major windlasses
- Spliced Area is Coated with a Blue Chafe Resistant Coating
- Provides smooth transition from line to chain and helps to reduce snagging at splice
- Chain is hot-dipped galvanized to minimize corrosion
- Chain is welded for high strength; calibrated for even pitch
- Eliminates hockling and kinking
- Resists stiffening with age
Features of 8-Plait Rope:
- 8-Plaited nylon rope eliminates some of the service problems associated with the 3-strand ropes. 8-Plait uses 8-individual braided strands woven together that allow the rope to be relaxed. But, when under load, it tightens up to a firm lay. The higher the load the harder the lay becomes.
- 8-Plait carries the same tensile strength as 3-Strand.
- 8-Plait does not coil or create a "birds nest" in the locker like 3-Strand will. 8-Plait flakes and falls upon itself.
- 8-Plait will not twist and knot up.
- 8-Plait will not loop over onto itself.
- 8-Plait has less stretch so it will not bury itself deep into the gypsy's grip when overloaded, which means less damage to the stripper when the windlass is abused or overloaded.
- 8-Plait pays off of the windlass into the locker much like chain, allowing for better use of smaller locker designs.
- 8-Plait is 80% less prone to becoming stiff when used in salt water than 3-Strand.
- 8-Plait nylon rope is 1/3 more absorbent than 3-Strand rope. More absorbent means more weight; more weight means better fall into the anchor locker.
- 8-Plait should be soaked in water (salt or fresh - it does not matter) to pre-lubricate the rope so it can be used in the windlass initially. When rope is used dry and new, we have seen either slippage or sticking in the rope pocket of the gypsy. Once the rope is wet and used, it out performs the 3-Strand. The longer it is used the better it gets.
Note: Custom rodes always available. Please call customer service at 1-800-628-8225, or email email@example.com
Defender chain rodes are made out of Peerless/Acco MADE IN USA chain and Premium 3 strand Nylon or 8 Plait Line.
Note: Rope Manufacturers Recommend that 8 Strand Line be Pre-Soaked Before the First Use and Not Used Dry when it's New
Note: We recommend you check your owner's manual or contact the windlass manufacturer for the correct chain/line, size and type for your windlass.
Item #: 003019THI058
Item #: 850037
Item #: 001895
Item #: 003017CHNCH2
Item #: 850145