SI-TEX Metadata VHF / AIS Antenna Splitter
- AIS antenna splitter unit
- VHF radio connection cable
- AIS transceiver connection cable
- Combined Power Cable with FM Broadcast Antenna connection
- Quick start guide
- Product manual
- Mounting Screws
- The SI-TEX MDA-3 AIS Antenna Splitter provides signal gain, improving AIS reception and range.
- The SI-TEX Antenna Splitter is an Intelligent device that allows both the VHF Radio and any AIS Device connected to receive signals simultaneously.
- Allows the use of the primary ships VHF antenna for both VHF radio and the AIS transceiver. Eliminates the need for 2nd Ant.
- When either the AIS transceiver or VHF radio transmits, the AIS antenna splitter automatically senses the transmission and routes the signal to the antenna.
- If the VHF radio is transmitting when the AIS transceiver wants to transmit the SI-TEX AIS antenna splitter will give priority to the VHF radio and allow the AIS to transmit as soon as the VHF radio transmission ends.
- The Antenna Splitter has a fail-safe mode that allows the VHF radio to operate normally in case of a power failure.
- Low power consumption
- Works with both 12/24 volts
- Quality construction made specifically for marine use
- Includes LED indicators to provide information regarding the status of the AIS antenna splitter
- Power - Indicator is illuminated while the unit is powered
- TX AIS - Indicator flashes to indicate AIS transmissions
- TX VHF - Indicator flashes to indicate VHF radio transmissions
- Electrical connections
- AIS antenna splitter
- Power supply
- VHF antenna connector
- VHF radio connector
- AIS transceiver connector
- FM radio connector
- Waterproof: IPX7
- Dimensions: 140 mm L x 100 mm W x 43 mm H
- Weight 250g
- Voltage supply DC 9.6 to 31.2V
- Current consumption <150mA at 12VDC
- VHF and AIS frequency range 156MHz to 163MHz
- Insertion loss AIS & VHF receive paths 0dB 0dB
- Max RF input power, AIS port 12.5W
- Max RF input power, VHF port 25W
- Min RF input power, VHF port 100mW
- AIS, VHF and Antenna port impedance 50 Ohms
- FM port impedance 75 Ohms
- Switching time, receive to AIS transmit <10 us
- Switching time, receive to VHF transmit <10us
- Operating temperature: -10°C to +55°C