Forespar Marelon 93 Series Ball Valve / Mushroom Thru-Hull Fitting - 1/2"
The Marelon Integrated System valves were specifically designed for production boat builders. They offer more configurations and options than any other brand/style valves made for the marine industry. Forespar can thread match the flanged bases to fit NPSM (NPT Parallel) in 3/4" through 2" or BSP from 1" through 2" for use on bronze or stainless thru-hulls. Forespar's complete system comes with a flush or mushroom head "buttress" threaded thru-hull for exceptional strength. When the complete system is used Forespar supplys an emergency thru-hull plug as a cap in the handle. This plug can be used if needed by plugging the thru-hull from the outside to allow full disassembly of the valve to clear a clog or replace the entire body all without having to haul the boat. All configurations meet or exceed ABYC standards, are U.L. Approved and ISO Certified.
- The Forespar® 93-Series Valves with Thru-hull Fitting Assemblies is a complete system
- Includes thru-hull fitting, valve body, and hose connector
- Thru-Hull Material: Marelon
- Rated for Above / Below Waterline
- OEM Replacement
- Will not Rust or Corrode, Discolor or Contribute to Electrolysis
- Meet all design criteria
- Exceed all mechanical property requirements specified by the international standards organization
- (ISO 150/188) "Small craft-seacocks and thru-hull fittings-part 2: Non-metallic"
- Exceeds standards for use set by the U.L. (Underwriters Laboratory) and the American Boat and Yacht Council (A.B.Y.C.)
- 93-Series Thread Form
- The thread form used on these thru-hull fittings and king-nuts is a non-tapered buttress type of thread design
- This thread form has a higher load carrying capacity, particularly for polymeric materials
- Warning: a standard pipe threaded thru-hull fitting will not fit with the king-nut on these valves
- For a standard pipe threaded thru-hull fitting, use Forespar valves that have standard female pipe thread outlets instead of a king-nut base
- A buttress thread design with the same amount of clearance as for a conventional pipe thread will give the impression of greater looseness
- However, when the joint is taken up tight, there is a greater area of surface between threads with the buttress thread form
- As with any threaded pipe assembly , Teflon® tape should be applied to the thru-hull threads for a watertight connection
- Forespar 931152 Ball Valve / Mushroom 90 Degree Thru-Hull Fitting
- Type: Threaded with Hose Barb
- Mushroom Thru-Hull Size: 1/2" O.D.
- Flush Thru-Hull Size: 1/2" O.D.
- Tailpipe barb 1/2" O.D. (90 Degree)
- Temperature Range: -40°F to +176°F (-40°C to +80°C)
General Note: Forespar threaded plumbing fittings (like most true marine plumbing fittings) use NPSM Threads - National Standard Free-Fitting Straight Mechanical Pipe Thread. NPT - National Pipe Threads are tapered, NPSM Threads are parallel. The two types are not designed to work together.
Item #: 503522012058
Item #: 302026HID012
Item #: 503531HID012