Profurl Spinex 1.5 Top-Down Asymmetric Spinnaker Furler
Shipping weight reflects calculated Dimensional Weight and is not actual product weight - see here for details.
- The Profurl Spinex 1.5 Top-Down Asymmetric Spinnaker Furler is a problem solver...
- Problem: Because asymmetric spinnaker cloth is both light and fragile, it is prone to damage by the anti-twist cable. Also, the anti-twist cable spins faster than the sail during furling which can jam your sail
- Solution: Profurl Sail Bearing Technology uses high-density spheres that spin freely around the anti-twist cable in order to protect sail from the cable
- Profurl Sail Bearing Technology allows you to:
- Keep sail away from anti-twist cable
- Stop reverse furling (which causes sail to jam)
- Reduce wear of sailcloth
- Make furling easier and faster because Spinex has greater diameter than the cable by itself
- Spinex furling system includes spool, swivel, anti-twist torque line with spheres, end fittings, tack swivel, furling line, etc.
- Except for anti-twist line length, Spinex is ready to install and use right out of the box
- Tack swivel fitted with Torlon bearings
- Compatible with NEX technology such as I-Connect and Safe System
- Improved safety onboard when operated from cockpit or short-handed
- System is compatible with all types of asymmetric spinnakers
- Cable end fitting provides quick and easy installation
- 3-year worldwide limited warranty
- Profurl Part No. SPINEX 1.5
- Typical Boat Length: 35'
- Max. Working Load: 3300 lbs
- Max. Sail Area: 864 sq. ft.
- Spool Diameter: 4-3/4"
- Continuous Drive Line Diameter: 25/64"
- Anti-torsion Rope with Balls
- Swivel tack point
- The cable must be cut at length (Besides that operation, the system is ready to be used)
NOTE: Continuous furling line is included, but must be spliced to proper length, based on mounting configuration.