Lewmar Treadmaster Marine Adhesive
This product ships ground only
- This two pack epoxy adhesive is designed to provide the ultimate in bonding performance
- Ideal for use on a wide range of deck materials, it provides a bond which is suitable for the most arduous of conditions
- Full instructions are on the can
- Makes (1) Quart
Instructions for Use: (2 Pack Epoxy)
- One complete pack is sufficient for two full 1200 x 900 mm sheets of Treadmaster. If smaller quantity is required, Part A and Part B should be mixed in equal amounts.
- Surface preparation
- Surfaces must be clean, dry and free from oil and grease. Existing paint, varnish, waxes, polishes, etc., must be removed. Fiberglass, aluminum and steel surfaces should be lightly abraded with a nylon scouring pad and all dust removed.
- Prepare the Treadmaster and deck before mixing the resin. Transfer the contents of container B into container A and mix thoroughly until the color is consistent throughout the mix.
- Once mixed, the adhesive must be used without delay - under average environmental conditions a pot life of 20 minutes in the tin can be expected. Spreading the adhesive on to a flat plate after mixing will extend the useful pot life by helping to dissipate heat generated by the curing reaction.
- The adhesive should not be used when ambient temperatures are below 10°C or above 30°C.
- Immediately after use, clean tools, mixing vessels, brushes, etc. with methylated spirit
- Apply adhesive using a serrated scraper, to the underside of the Treadmaster. Position the Treadmaster and carefully roll from center to edge, apply pressure to consolidate the adhesive layers, ensuring that no air is trapped between the surfaces.
- Where possible, adhesive should be allowed to extrude between the edges of adjacent mats, to give a positive seal against ingress of water. Excess adhesive should be wiped off promptly with methylated spirit. Depending on environmental conditions the adhesive will begin to set in 2 - 4 hours and full strength will be achieved after 24 hours
Note: Lewmar products are designed for use in recreational marine applications. Any commercial application is forbidden without the prior approval of Lewmar engineering and management.