Orion Coastal Alert / Locate Signal Kit
For pick up in our Waterford, CT, Outlet Store only.
For pickup in our Outlet Store only.
- Orion's most popular signal assortment is now packed in a compact neoprene floating storage case.
- This is the perfect kit for any Inland or Coastal boater because it contains aerial, handheld and smoke signaling devices
- (1) 12-Gauge Safety Flare Launcher
- Corrosion resistant with lifetime warranty
- Includes bandolier that can hold up to (6) High Performance Signals
- (4) 12-Gauge High Performance Red Aerial Signals
- U. S. Coast Guard Approved Day or Nighttime Signal
- Altitude: Up to 500 feet
- Brightness: Up to 16,000 candela
- Burn Time: Up to 7 seconds each -EXCEEDS US Coast Guard minimum requirements
- ( 4) Handheld Red Signal Flares
- U. S. Coast Guard Approved Day/Night Signal
- Brightness: Up to 700 candela
- Burn time: Up to 3 minutes each
- ( 1) Handheld Orange Smoke Signal
- U. S. Coast Guard Approved Daytime Signal
- Average burn time: Up to 1 minute each
- Neoprene Storage Case
- Highly visible international orange
- Protects signals during storage
Locate Signals vs Alert Signals:
Visual Signals and Flares rely on line of sight. Due to the curvature of the earth and line of sight restrictions, potential rescuers can only see a handheld electronic light and handheld flares (Locate Signals) up to 3 miles away. Anyone beyond 3 miles will not see Locate Signals. This is why aerial flares (Alert Signals) should also be on your boat. Alert Signals can be seen as far away as 41 miles (See Site Chart link below) to alert potential rescuers you require assistance. As rescuers approach, Locate Signals help pinpoint your exact location.
Item #: 550388
Item #: 550390
Item #: 550391