Mustang Lil' Legends 70 Youth Vest / Life Jacket / PFD
Please enter quantity below.
- The Mustang MV3270 Lil' Legends 70 Youth Vest / Life Jacket / PFD includes segmented front panels for extreme mobility
- Exclusive Cooling-Channeled interior back panel
- Advance field testing has proven Lil’ Legends to be a top choice of both parents and children
- Designed for water sports or just playing at the beach
- Recommend for: Fishing, Sailing, Boating, Paddle Sports, Water Sports
|INFANT||18" - 20"||46cm - 51cm||UP TO 30LBS||UP TO 14KG|
|CHILD||21" - 24"||53cm - 61cm||30lbs - 50lbs||14kg - 23kg|
|YOUTH||24" - 29"||61cm - 74cm||50lbs - 90lbs||23kg - 41kg|
Notes: When choosing a life vest for any child, always check for the proper weight range and follow all directions for fit and use.
- Teach your Children to properly wear a PFD .
- Children panic when they fall into the water suddenly. This causes them to move their arms and legs violently, making it hard to float safely in a PFD.
- A PFD will keep a child afloat, but may not keep a struggling child face-up.
- That's why it's so important to teach children how to put on a PFD and to help them get used to wearing one in the water.
- All Children's PFDs must fit snugly
- To check for a good fit, pick the child up by the shoulders of the PFD.
- If the PFD fits right, the child's chin and ears will not slip through.
- PFDs are not babysitters. Even though a child wears a PFD when on or near the water, an adult should always be there, too.
- Parents should remember that inflatable toys and rafts should not be used in place of PFDs.
- The Coast Guard does not recommend taking infants onboard a recreational boat
- The life vests currently available for newborns up to 18 pounds may not provide the proper fit to perform as expected
- Unless the parent is first able to test their newborns out in a life jacket, sized for infants, in a swimming pool, they will not know if that device will float their child with his/her head out of the water.
- You must be sure you know the PFD you have works for your infant. Otherwise we recommend the child not be exposed to any risk in a boat on the water.
- Infants and Children:
- Since infants and children come in many sizes and shapes, the U.S. Coast Guard and personal flotation device (PFD) manufacturers urge that PFDs be tested immediately after purchase
- You should test your PFD in a swimming pool. Test it with the infant or child who will be wearing the PFD. Just because it works for one infant or child does not mean it will work for another in the same manner.
- Check for proper weight range, comfortable fit, and especially a stable face-up position in water.
- Infants and children are difficult to float in a face-up position because of the distribution of body weight and the tendency for them to struggle or attempt to climb out of the water.
- Some infants and children float best in one style of vest, while others will float better in another. If one does not work well, try another style.
- Remember: Never leave an infant or child unattended on a dock, on a boat or in-the-water, even if they have a PFD on.
Documentation available at the following links:
Plastimo Adjustable Children's Safety Harness
Item #: 552144
Size: Child, Color: Yellow / Green
Item #: 552144