New England Ropes STS-WR² Wire Rope
New England Ropes
Multiple Models Available
Sale Price: From: $1.58 To: $1.86
Please enter quantity below.
Please note: Items Cut to Custom Lengths Are Not Returnable.
- WR² is made of 100% Dyneema® SK78. It’s the perfect wire rope replacement for lifelines and selected standing rigging
- It‘s lighter, more flexible, and has a much longer service life than wire
- Applications: Wire replacement for selected standing rigging
- Lengths Available: 600'
- Sunlight/UV:: Very little degradation from sunlight. Can be used outside over long term if inspected regularly
- Chemicals: HMPE has good resistance to most minerals, organics, acids, and weak alkalines
- HMPE also has excellent resistance to bleaches and other oxidizing agents and to most solvents
- Heat: HMPE melts at 300F with progressive strength loss above 150F
- Dielectrics: Good resistance to the passage of electrical current
- However dirt, surface contaminants, water entrapment, and the like can significantly affect dielectric properties
- Extreme caution should be exercised any time a rope is in the proximity of live circuits
- Sheaves: Recommended sheave diameter to rope diameter is 8:1
- Splicing Instructions:
- Use the Brummel splice to splice the core to itself, whip the cover to the throat of the splice