Maptech Navigation Chart Navigator Software
Maptech's Chart Navigator is the perfect software program for boaters interested in trying PC chartplotting. The package comes with complete U.S. coverage of Raster charts, satellite photos, aerial photos, and topos. Also included is the full-featured Offshore Navigator software program, which provides the tools for route and trip planning and navigating in real-time, plus tides and current information for U.S. waters. Chart Navigator can interface with autopilots and other NMEA 0183 instruments.
Route Planning - Chart Navigator makes route planning as simple as clicking a mouse. Click - and you've put the first waypoint on the chart. Click again - and you're creating a route. It's that easy.
GPS Ready - Chart Navigator takes the signal from your GPS receiver and shows your position right on the screen. You can see your vessel move across full-screen or split-screen charts, 3-D charts and Nav Photos.
On-Water Mode and Data Windows - One click simplifies the interface so you can see more chart area and the functions and data windows you need while navigation. Spherical-Horizon View - The Spherical-Horizon View bends your mind as it extends your vision. Imagine draping a paper chart over a beachball, and you have the idea. Now you can see what to expect far, far ahead while the immediate area stays in sharp focus.
Real-Time Positioning - Connect a USB GPS to your PC to see your position right on the chart. As you move the vessel icon moves.Or, connect an industry-standard NMEA 0183 GPS receiver to your PC.
Key Planning Features:
- Find the chart you want quickly - graphically or by chart name and number
- Link 2 or more charts, photos and 3D together in Split-Screen mode
- Quick Dragging, Zoom and Scale options
- Routes: Plan and organize routes with your mouse
- Print route plans and chart segments
- Print and view tide and current graphs
Key Navigation Features:
- GPS Ready - View your position on the chart
- Autopilot Ready - Chart Navigator outputs industry-standard NMEA 0183 data to autopilots. Note: an autopilot is not necessary to run Chart Navigator.
- 6 Color Palettes for all light conditions
- Tracks - Record where you've been. There's an option to convert tracks to routes.
- Man Overboard - instant range and bearing to MOB location
- Marks - Mark areas of interest and "Go To" them quickly.
- Alarms - create custom alarm areas, including anchor alarms.
- Measurement Tools - A2B and instant Range and Bearing lines based on GPS position.
Minimum System Requirements:
Windows 2000 or XP
Video Monitor resolution of 256 colors at 800x600 (or better)
1 GB of free disk space
Microsoft Internet Explorer 4.0 or higher (included)
Industry-standard NMEA 0183 GPS
Serial or USB connection cable
Connected GPS (as above)
Industry-standard NMEA 0183 Autopilot
Serial data connection cable
Note: Autopilot interface is not required