Samson XLS Solid Color Yacht Braid
3/16" XLS Yacht Braid is Samson's most popular polyester double braid. Cruising sailors who desire optimal performance will appreciate this low stretch construction, smooth rendering, and long life of the 3-end per carrier cover over a polyester core.
- Note: XLS Yacht Braid line has 3-Ends per Carrier Cover over a polyester core, EXCEPT for sizes 1/4" and 3/16" which only have (2) Ends per Carrier due to their small diameter)
- Note: 3/16" Diameter cannot be spliced due to its parallel core construction
- Applicat ions: Recreational Running Rigging
- Construction: Double braid
- Cover: Polyester with 3-ends per carrier
- Core: Polyester
- Splicing: Class I double braid splice
- Highest strength double braid polyester rope
- Colors: Red, Blue, Black, Green
- Specific Gravity: 1.38
- Elastic Elongation (At % break strength) :
- Rope stabilized from 200D2.
- Ropes cycled 50 times each at percent of average break strength.
- 10% = 1.5%
- 20% = 2.2%
- 30% = 2.9%
- Weight per 100 feet: 1.3 lbs
- Average Strength: 1200 lbs
- Minimum Strength: 1000 lbs
- NOTE: 3/16" Diameter is not spliceable due to its parallel core construction
Note: There are only (2) Ends per Carrier