Lewmar No. 48 ST Ocean Electric Winch Conversion Kit - ELS Control
Notice to Mariners:
Lewmar is currently shut down and we are not expecting any shipments from Lewmar until at least the end of April. Items which are not in stock at Defender may experience an extended lead time until they re-open.
- Lewmar No. 48 ST Ocean Electric Winch Conversion Kit with ELS Control Box
- ELS Control Box:
- Electric load sensing – ELS Pioneered by Lewmar, ELS (Electric Load Sensing) electric winches are controlled by an Overload Protection Control Box, which allows the winch to be operated up to the safe working load of the specific winch
- Once this load is exceeded, the winch automatically cuts out
- Once the load is reduced to below the safe working load, the winch can be restarted
- The ELS features the additional safety function of a Motor Thermal Trip, which ensures that the motor cuts out in the event of excessive heat build up
- Easily upgrade your Lewmar Ocean Series Self-Tailing Winch to electric and enjoy smooth and efficient sail trimming with the touch of a button
- You will soon find your newly electric winch provides the perfect combination of drum speed, power and torque.
- Series wound motor allows the sheet to be recovered rapidly at low load when sheets are slacker, and slows down as load increases
- Thermal trip monitors the motor temperature and cuts power if the heat builds up to an unacceptable level
- Quiet operation
- Manual operation is available as a backup, or to experience traditional sailing
- Motor gearbox
- ELS Series control box
- Circuit breaker
- Deck switch
Note: Lewmar products are designed for use in recreational marine applications. Any commercial application is forbidden without the prior approval of Lewmar engineering and management.
Item #: 606127
Item #: 606131
Item #: 606132