The Harken 2159 40 mm T2 Ratchamatic Block features T2 Series styling and a soft-attachment system. The weight of this high-strength block is only a few ounces and is used for mainsheet and spinnaker systems on beachcats, dinghies, and sportboats.
- This is thanks to composite fiber-reinforced sideplates, hard coat-anodized aluminum sheave, a lightweight soft-attach, and a minimum of moving parts in the ratcheting mechanism
- All T2 blocks are lashed or spliced through the load-bearing center of the block, decreasing the loads on the sideplates and acting as a safety backup for the system
- Lashing allows ratchet adjustment close to the deck
- Lashing or splicing provides a variety of options for securing the block at exactly the right height to maintain a fair lead
- Pressure on the line engages the ratchet mechanism, which switches seamlessly from free-running to ratchet mode
- Unloaded main and jib sheets run out freely during mark roundings, and asymmetrical spinnaker sheets free instantly during jibes
- T2 Ratchamatic blocks are clearly labeled with high-contrast directional markers for correct reeving and trimming direction
- A length of Spectra® line with a polyester cover is included.
- Sheave Ø: 57 mm
- Sheave Ø: 2-1/4"
- Length: 79 mm
- Length: 3-1/8"
- Weight: 71 g
- Weight: 2.4 oz
- Maximum line Ø: 10 mm
- Maximum line Ø: 3/8"
- Maximum working load: 227 kg
- Maximum working load: 500 lb
- Breaking load: 907 kg
- Breaking load: 2000 lb
- Holding power w/180 degree wrap 50 lb (23 kg): 10:1
Note: DO NOT use Harken Equipment for Human suspension.
Harken 57 mm Carbo Ratchet Air Block - Swivel
Item #: 615078
Harken 57 mm Carbo Ratchet Block
Item #: 601159