Mustang Survival HIT Inflatable PFD / Life Jacket
Multiple Models Available
This product ships ground only
Designed for the most severe marine environments, the Mustang Survival HIT Inflatable PFD / Life Jacket offers automatic inflation when submerged in 4'' or more of water pressure and not inadvertently due to rain, spray or humidity.
- Automatic hydrostatic activation with manual backup (pull-cord and oral inflator tube); inflator status indicator with clear inspection window
- Activated by water pressure, 1F Hydrostatic Inflator Technology (HIT™) will automatically inflate when submerged – not inadvertently in rain, spray or humidity
- PDF features exclusive technology intended for serious users and designed for use in moderate to severe weather
- Provides 38 lbs buoyancy when inflated – more than 2x typical foam PFDs
- Cylinder is contained inside bladder to protect against corrosion
- Lightweight outer shell fabric and Neoprene Comfort Collar™
- Bright fluorescent yellow-green inflation cell for improved in-water visibility
- SOLAS reflective tape, safety whistle and strobe light attachment on inflation cell
- 1-1/2"-wide straps for secure fit
- SecureZip™ closure stays shut in high winds yet opens easily on inflation
- Zippered splash-proof pocket
- Supplied with owner's manual and "Think Safe" booklet
- 1-year limited warranty
- Mustang Survival Model No. MD3183 02
- Approval: USCG Type II Recreational / Type V Uninspected Commercial vessels
- Activation: Automatic with manual backup (pull-cord and oral inflator tube)
- Size: Adult Universal – at least 16 years of age and 80 lbs or more with 30" - 52" chest size
- Recommended Use: Fishing, sailing, boating, select paddle sports, industrial marine and law enforcement applications, etc.
- Buoyancy: 38 lbs when inflated
- Re-Arm Kit: Mustang Survival MA7214
Note: Not approved for use on personal watercraft, for white water paddling, water skiing, knee boarding or similar towed activities.
USCG Type V approval ONLY WHEN WORN for use on uninspected commercial vessels less than 40 ft. in length not carrying passengers for hire as a substitute for a Type II PFD when used in accordance with owner's manual
Not approved for "hot work," not recommended for use by non-swimmers or weak swimmers unless worn inflated.
Item #: 552292
Item #: 550462