Vesper Marine XB-6000 AIS Transponder
Important Information Regarding the Purchase of a Class B AIS:
This required form must be sent to Defender Industries via e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or faxed along with a copy of your MMSI registration before your order can be processed. Our fax number is 860-701-3432.
Vesper Marine's XB-6000 AIS Transponder is unlike any other AIS. It is the world's first Class B AIS with built-in NMEA 2000 gateway.
- Built-in GPS antenna- Built-in 50 channel GPS receiver (with WAAS/EGNOS) with its own internal GPS antenna eliminates the need to install an external GPS antenna in many situations. However, it also includes our powerful external antenna for those installations that require it. The external antenna can be pole mounted on standard 1" threaded tubing or mounted on a flat surface with the included base. The cable has a small connector, about the same diameter as the cable, to facilitate easy routing through small holes.The XB-6000 is the only AIS transponder that can be used as a source of GPS data on a NMEA 2000 network and is also the only AIS transponder with a fast 5Hz GPS navigation and update rate. This results in higher resolution and smoother tracks on your plotter or MFD, even during high speed maneuvers.
- High speed 5Hz GPS navigation rate- The only AIS transponder with high speed GPS navigation resulting in smoother and more accurate tracking on attached plotters, MFD's and computer software.
- Galvanically isolated (GI) ports - Protects your transponder and marine equipment from high current damage
- Translates and routes your NMEA instrument data over USB-Translates NMEA 2000 instrument data (heading, wind, depth, speed, log, temperature) and routes to USB or NMEA 0183 for supporting plotters without NMEA 2000. All this data is combined with GPS and AIS data and sent simultaneously to computers via USB or plotters using NMEA 0183. Display and use this data in your Windows or Mac navigation software.
- Fully certified NMEA 2000-Ensures easy integration with any other NMEA 2000 equipment. You can confidently use the XB-6000 with any chart plotter or multi-function display by all the major manufacturers.
- High performance AIS Transponder- The XB-6000 is an AIS transponder with two channel parallel receiver and transmitter. This highly sensitive transponder means greater range and increased safety. Connects to 12 or 24 volt power supply.
- Very Low Power Consumption- Designed for minimal power consumption the XB-6000 is extremely well suited for energy conscious vessels.
- Fully Waterproof- Unlike most other AIS transponders, the XB-6000 is water proof so you don't have to worry about it. It's a measure of how robust and reliable it is. It is even rated IPx7 which means it is totally submersible to 1m for up to 30 mins!
- USB Connection (waterproof and locking with optional cable)- The USB connection can be used to connect the XB-6000 to on-board computers. The XB-6000 provides a GPS and AIS data feed directly to computer-based navigation software. It translates selected NMEA 2000 instrument data and sends that to your computer too. An optional 5m (16') waterproof cable features a locking ring so it can't vibrate out of the back of the XB-6000.
- Silent Mode Control via PC, Mac or an external switch- Allows XB-6000 to be put in Silent Mode. When in this mode, the AIS receivers and GPS continue to operate normally. The only change is transmissions are inhibited. Perfect for those times when you want privacy. Silent mode can be controlled by an external switch (not included) or via your PC or Mac.
- Self Diagnosis Status Lights- Multi-color LED keeps you informed of operational status providing self diagnosis that shows warnings if AIS, GPS, or antenna are not functioning.
|Size||200mm wide x 130mm high x 60mm depth (7 7/8" x 5 1/8" x 2 3/8")|
|Environmental||Waterproof (IP67: submersible to 1m for 30 mins)|
|Operating temperature||-25°C to +55°C (-13°F to 131°F)|
|Power supply||10-32 VDC, 2.5W nominal|
|Number of receivers||2 AIS, 1 DSC (timeshared)|
|Receive sensitivity||-113 dBm (<20% PER)|
|Number of transmitters||1 AIS|
|Transmit power output||33 dBm (2W)|
|GPS||50 channel with internal antenna. Supports WAAS and EGNOS. Also includes external antenna|
|GPS navigation rate||Selectable 1Hz or 5Hz with magnetic variation included in output|
|GPS sensitivity||-159dBm tracking & navigation |
-142dBm acquisition (cold start)
|GPS accuracy||Position 2.5m CEP, SBAS 2.0m CEP|
|VHF antenna required||50 ohm, max 2:1 VSWR @ 162MHz, PL259 connector|
|Serial data||1 fully isolated USB port (mini), 1 isolated NMEA 0183 input (RS422 4800/38400 baud) 1 NMEA 0183 output (RS422 4800/38400 baud)|
|Connectivity||NMEA 2000, NMEA 0183, USB |
All input NMEA 0183 sentences are repeated to the NMEA 0183 and USB outputs. Selected NMEA 2000 PGN's (heading, wind, depth, speed, temperature, and log) are translated to NMEA 0183 sentences and repeated to the NMEA 0183 and USB outputs. This allows a wide variety of NMEA 0183 and NMEA 2000 instruments to be interfaced and output to all other connected devices.
|NMEA 2000||NMEA 2000 certified. LEN 2. Micro-C male connector. Female drop cable required (not included). Compatible with all NMEA 2000 certified Raymarine SeaTalk NG devices (DeviceNet cable required), Garmin, Furuno, SimNet (NMEA 2000 adapter cable required, Navico part 24006199 or 24006413), and other NMEA 2000 certified products.|
|Protocols||IEC 61162-1, NMEA 0183, NMEA 0183 HS|
|Standards||IEC 62287, IEC 60945, IEC 61108, IEC 61162, ITU-R M.1371, ITU-R M.825, ITU-R M.1084|
|Approvals||BSH, BABT, CE, US Coast Guard, US FCC, Industry Canada|
|Warranty||Two year world-wide warranty|
|Supplied With||• 2m Power/Data cable |
• External GPS antenna
|Optional||• SP160 VHF/AIS Antenna Splitter |
• Waterproof USB cable
Note: Vesper continually provides free updates for any upgrades or improvements made to their product, so you can be assured of the latest and greatest features.
Documentation available at the following links:
Item #: 258469
Item #: 258471
Item #: 259803
Item #: 259809
Item #: 254173
Item #: 256678