The longest continuous length we have in stock is: 1420 feet.
The maximum continuous length we normally order is: 1640 feet.*
*We may be able to special order longer lengths.
Please call us at 800-628-8225 Or email customer service
Acco DIN 766 - 6 mm A-4 (Grade-40) Galvanized Chain
Items Cut to Custom Lengths Are Not Returnable.
Cut Length Chain that has a total weight of 140 lbs or more will ship by truck.
A Defender representative will contact you with the quote before shipping.
- Acco A-4, Grade 40 Metric Windlass Chain
- Acco G-40 - DIN766 High-Test Chain
- The short link makes it more flexible and ideally suited as a windlass chain
- Ideal for use as an all chain rode for smaller boats using a windlass with minimal free fall
- Perfect for compact / shallow anchor lockers
- A very popular as a chain anchor rode used in Europe
- High tensile strength and resistance to wear needed by both marine windlasses and anchor rodes
- Working load limits exceed those of ordinary low carbon or general utility chain
- Peerless Grade 40 - A4 is embossed with A4 approximately every foot
- Hot Galvanized, Carbon Steel Chain
- Special Hot Dip Deep Galvanized finish is recommended for all marine applications
- Acco chain is Continuously Hot Dip Galvanized to provide a deep strong protective coating which has over 30% more zinc per unit volume than mechanical coatings
- In the Hot Dip process the galvanized zinc coating is alloyed with the base steel creating a metallurgical bond that is several orders of magnitude stronger than mechanical bonding (zinc electroplating) used by most chain manufacturers
- In the hot dip process this chain is specially shot-peened before galvanizing to create the longest lasting protection against corrosion
- This zinc-steel bond is immune to further corrosion for the life of the zinc
- If the chain's steel base is exposed by cuts or nicks the base steel will not rust until the nearby zinc is consumed
Note: Most brands of windlasses require either BBB or G4 High Test chain, because the links are more uniform in size and more flexible than proof coil. Each windlass is sized for a specific chain. Be sure to check your windlass instructions or contact the windlass manufacturer for correct sizing.
- Type: A4
- Made in the USA
- Grade 40
- DIN 766
- Inside Length: .73" (18.5 mm)
- Outside Width: .80" (20.4 mm Max)5 mm
- WLL (Working Load Limit): 1,235 lb (560 kg)
- Proof Load: 3,190 lb (142 kN)
- Ultimate Strength: 5,081 lb (22.6 kN)
Item #: 002996HRZ011
Item #: 002995DEL009
Item #: 002930G20316
Item #: 001748
Item #: 001750
Item #: 002991FIS009
Item #: 002992GAL009