SeaTeak Grate Strips
Sales of all Closeout items are final.
Please feel free to contact us if you need more information about an item prior to your purchase: email@example.com
This notched grating material is an excellent product to build grating for an icebox or anywhere the grate is not required to support a significant load.
You can build your grate two ways:
- Using notched strips in both directions
- Using notched strips in one direction for the bottom layer and flat strips in the other direction for the top layer
- This second method allows water to drain underneath grates that are installed on flat surfaces.
How Much to Order: Use the following guidelines to determine how much grating you should order:
- Use the following combination when building your grate:
- 60862 and 60875 - Order one strip of each type of grating for each inch of the area you are covering in both directions
- 60862 and 60875 - Order one strip of each type of grating material for every 2” of the area you are covering in both directions
- Note: If framing is required, consider Dimension "A" for framing material
- Measure, cut, glue, drill, and screw
- It is recommended that a waterproof glue be applied to every place the grate intersects, and that a screw be installed at every other intersection
- The use of screws is especially important in the two larger sizes of grating material.
The SeaTeak® collection from Waterbrands® only uses responsibly harvested and legal teak in our products. Careful selection of the finest raw timber ensures the final product is free from knots, pinholes, stains and sapwood. The wood is sent through a kiln-drying process so moisture levels remain low to prevent warping or cracking. Independent quality teams ensure the final product meets the specification of engineered drawings.
Additional Handling Note:
Most carriers impose an extra handling fee of $12.00, that will be added to your shipping charges if it applies.