Manson Boss Anchor
Please feel free to contact us if you need more information about an item prior to your purchase: firstname.lastname@example.org
Shipping weight reflects calculated Dimensional Weight and is not actual product weight - see here for details.
Manson Boss anchors feature a slotted shank and patented Shackle Preventor™ that together allow you to attach your anchor at the rear of the shank for sand seabeds or forward for rock seabeds without the need to change shackles. Simply loosen the Shackle Preventor™ to move it between locations in the slot. The Shackle Preventor™ is "captive" in the slot, which means you won't lose it. The reinforced, double-skinned, laminated toe provides a strong forward section for better penetration of the seabed, and the concave flukes cup the seabed for a faster set. Manson Boss anchors are compatible with all bow rollers, are designed specifically for powerboats and come with a lifetime guarantee against breakage.
- Patented Manson Shackle Preventor™
- Switch shackle locations on slotted shank without changing shackles
- Rear location for sand, forward location for rock and foul seabeds
- Shackle Preventor™ is "captive" in slot to avoid loss while sliding between shank locations
- Shank optimization
- FEA (finite element analysis) optimized for maximum strength
- Made from Lloyd's Register-certified high tensile steel for extreme strength under load
- Bisalloy 80 is 780mPa vs Mild Steel 260mPa ensuring far greater shank resistance to deformation
- Shank clearance streamlined to conform to powerboat fairleads, bow rollers
- Wings shaped to dig anchor into seabed quickly
- Angles and shapes developed to roll anchor to setting angle fast
- Forcing flukes downward creates a minimum of 28% deeper setting than other new-generation anchors
- Double reinforced nose
- Nose biased weight concentration enabled by double thickness laminate layer (DTLL) technology for faster set
All Boss anchors are "Guaranteed for Life Against Breakage"
**Damage by deformation or bending is not covered by this guarantee.
Manson Recommended Sizing Specifications:
- Anchor sizing chart should be interpreted as a guide only
- Many factors influence anchor size selection i.e., whether the boat is a heavy displacement or a light displacement craft and how much windage the vessel has
- Chain size, weight and length is critical to anchor performance and if in doubt use larger chain
- Vessel usage should also considered, i.e., primarily fair weather day outings versus extended coastal or offshore cruising
- If in any doubt about anchor selection always use a bigger anchor
Additional Handling Note:
An additional Large Package Surcharge Fee, imposed by the carrier, will be included in your shipping charges.