Rocna Vulcan Anchor
Multiple Sizes Available
Shipping weight reflects calculated Dimensional Weight and is not actual product weight - see here for details.
THIS PRODUCT CANNOT SHIP STANDARD GROUND.
It ships ONLY by Truck Freight.
Please call us at 800-628-8225 or E-mail for a valid shipping quote, since Truck Freight rates change regularly.
- The Vulcan anchor is Rocna's first major design development since the launch of the highly successful and acclaimed Rocna anchor itself
- Following on the success of the Rocna, designer Peter Smith was often approached by customers seeking to experience the exceptional holding power and setting performance of a Rocna, but who had difficulties accommodating the roll-bar design on their bow
- After years of testing and development, Peter has come up with a design that meets the needs of these customers... the Vulcan
- The Vulcan is carefully designed to offer the greatest possible compatibility across a wider range of vessel bow configurations, particularly powerboats with a bow pulpit
- It brings the security and reliability of the Rocna anchor, highly successful and popular with offshore cruisers and adventurers, to a wider range of boaters who we believe desire improved anchoring performance
- See Image Below
- (A) Breaking from the Rocna design, the Vulcan features a unique combination of shank and fluke geometry, including an innovative roll-palm™ at the rear of the fluke, which self-rights the anchor on the seabed without the use of a roll-bar
- (B) This is assisted by the V-bulb™ which extends fluke ballast downward to gain maximum leverage and efficiency
- (C) This development permits a larger fluke surface area than competing designs which rely on simple dead weight, while the concave fluke is similar in design to the Rocna, directly equating to more holding power and security.
- Perfect fit for all vessels
- (D) The omission of a roll-bar along with a carefully designed shank profile ensures a snug fit on the bows of a widely expanded range of vessels
- Platforms, bowsprits, prods, stays, and other protrusions are easily cleared with no hassle or inconvenience
- (D) The Vulcan's shank shape encourages self-launching and self-stowing upon retrieval on the majority of bow rollers, with a liquid smooth action, ensuring ease of use for all operators
- (E) In addition to the use of high tensile steel, shank strength is optimized by a unique I+V profile™ shank design, granting improved resistance to bending courtesy of a computer optimized I-beam geometry
- (F) This visually elegant innovation also improves setting performance, with the lower V edge cutting into the seabed and minimizing resistance to a deep and secure burial
- Formed from high strength steels and finished with the utmost attention to detail and quality
- Lifetime Manufacturer's Warranty Against Defects
- Good for the lifetime of the original purchaser and non-transferable
Additional Handling Note:
An additional Large Package Surcharge Fee, imposed by the carrier, will be included in your shipping charges.
Documentation available at the following links: