Fortress Guardian G-16 Anchor - 7 Lbs
Benefiting from years of Fortress Anchor Research and Development, Guardian offers excellent quality, performance and economy. Guardian is made from the same high tensile, corrosion resistant aluminum magnesium alloy and manufacturing precision as Fortress.
The use of slightly smaller extrusion profiles and the elimination of some of Fortress' extra features, such as anodizing, adjustable fluke angles, and several machining steps has resulted in a very affordable alternative to those heavy, rust-prone steel anchors.
- Made of aluminum magnesium alloy
- Stronger and lighter than competitive steel anchors
- Recommended boat length: 28 - 33 ft. (8 - 10 m)
- Weight: 7 lbs (3.2 kg)
- Replaces steel anchors: 14 - 18 lbs (6 - 8 kg)
- Dimensions (see diagram):
- Shank length (A): 29" (737 mm)
- Fluke length (B): 17" (432 mm)
- Stock length (C): 23" (584 mm)
- Proof coil chain: 1/4" (6 mm)
- Nylon rope*: 3/8" (9 mm)
- Shackle size: 1/4" (6 mm)
- Holding power:
- 32 Degree hard sand: 3,225 lbs (1,462 kg)
- 32 Degree soft mud: 645 lbs (293 kg)
*Rope recommendation based on 25% of breaking strength. Rope must be in good condition.
Fortress recommends: Use three-strand nylon rope, 6-12 ft (2-4 m) of chain and a minimum of 5:1 scope. Also, a minimum of 6 ft (2 m) of chain should be used for every 25 ft (8 m) of water depth.
Guardian Anchors offer a One Year Parts Replacement Warranty