Charles Marine 12 kVA International Universal IsoTransformer
THIS PRODUCT CANNOT SHIP STANDARD GROUND.
It ships ONLY by Truck Freight.
Please call us at 800-628-8225 or E-mail for a valid shipping quote, since Truck Freight rates change regularly.
Charles Marine 12 kVA International Universal IsoTransformer™
- Shoreline isolation transformer completely isolates input power from output power for improved safety and prevents galvanic current corrosion due to direct connection to AC shore power
- Designed for boats with 50 Amp / 240 Volt (12 kVA) or 50 Amp / 120 Volt (6 kVA) service
- Power is transferred from the shore side electrical system to boat's electrical system by magnetic coupling there is no direct electrical connection between earth-grounded shore AC power and boat's AC power
- Shore grounding conductor is connected to a shield that is wound between the primary (shore) and secondary (boat) transformer windings
- 120 Volt tap on primary winding allows output of 120 / 240 Volts even when only 120 Volt dockside service is available
- By using taps on secondary winding, reduced voltage output is available to permit satisfactory operation of most 60 Hz equipment using 50 Hz shore power
- Compact unit occupies less space and is easy to install
- Unit can be mounted horizontally on deck or vertically on a bulkhead
- Corrosion resistant, convection-cooled enclosure meets NMEA 3R requirements
- Designed and manufactured in USA
- Marine UL listed, meets all ABYC and USCG requirements
- 1-year limited warranty
- Charles Marine Model No. 93-IXFMR12I-A
- Kilovolt Amps: 12 kVA
- Output Amperage: 50 Amps
- Output Voltage: 120 / 240 Volt AC (primary) or 104 / 208 (secondary)
- Input Amperage: 50 Amps
- Input Voltage: 120 / 240 Volt AC
- Operating Frequency: 50 / 60 Hz
- Operating Temperature: 32 - 122°F
- Dimensions: 12" H x 15" W x 16" D
- Approximate Weight (not shipping weight): 235 lbs
For further details see Installation Instructions & Owner's Manual for this product
Note: Overcurrent protection must be provided at time of installation by circuit breakers on both the primary (shore) and secondary (boat) circuits. A 2-pole circuit breaker is required for both the shore power line going into the 12 kVA International Universal IsoTransformer and the output line going to the boat's AC electrical system per ABYC E-11 standards. These should be rated at 50 Amps, 120 / 240 Volts, 5000 Ampere Interrupting Capacity (AIC) and be of the long-time delay type.
Boat wiring is a complex task that can pose shock, corrosion and other hazards if not done properly by trained, experienced personnel.
Note: Charles Transformers are designed to work with either 50 Hz or 60 Hz, but they will not convert hertz from 50hz to 60hz or 60hz to 50hz.
Documentation available at the following links:
Item #: 202204
Item #: 202205
Item #: 202207
Item #: 202208
Item #: 202206
Item #: 204075
Item #: 204335