Flexdel Water Based Rope Dip / Coating
Aquagard / Flexdel
Multiple Colors Available
Please enter quantity below.
- Flexdel WB546 Series coatings are a line of Water Based treatment for various types of nets and ropes
- WB546 Series coatings are not an antifouling material they do not contain any biocides or heavy metals
- In addition, because they are built around an aliphatic urethane polymer system the coatings exhibit very high resistance to abrasion
- Easy to apply and dries by evaporation of water from the system so no highly specialized equipment is required
- Applications: Protects ropes and nets from the abrasive effects of pulleys blocks and turnbuckles
- Add life to any line by applying this coating on high abrasion areas
- Great where lines are clutched, cleated, mast halyard exits
- Protection from the elements, including UV rays.
- Increases and maintains net break strength and knot holding ability
- USE DIRECTIONS:
- WB 546 coatings are supplied in ready to use pint and quart containers
- APPLICATION: Nets and ropes should be treated by submersion in the coating for a minimum of two minutes to as long as an hour depending on bulk
- DRYING: Nets and ropes may be hung to dry. Drying time will depend on the ambient conditions but may be accelerated by the use of forced warm air where available
- Providing for maximum circulation of air around and through the net/rope will also decrease drying time
- Nets/ropes should be protected from exposure to rain while being dipped and until fully dried
- Under reasonable conditions drying should be accomplished in 8 to 12 hours
- Once nets/ropes are dry they may be less flexible than before treatment
- Treated net/rope can be stored indefinitely before installation in the sea
- STORAGE: Keep containers tightly closed at all times
- PROTECT FROM FREEZING TEMPERATURES AT ALL TIMES.