Receive a FREE Lewmar Delta 14 lb. anchor and 312F stainless steel swivel (Over $250 Value! Customer responsible for shipping fees) with the purchase of a select Lewmar HX and VX series Windlass Kit. FREE item will display in payment page of your cart.
Lewmar VX1 Gypsy Only Windlass Kit
Multiple Models Available
Please enter quantity below.
- Deck unit
- Motor gearbox
- Rocker switch
- Circuit breaker
- Rope / Chain Gypsy
- The Lewmar VX1 Range of windlasses are lighter, stronger and more efficient
- Hybrid Polymer Gypsy
- Lewmar has developed a Patent Pending hybrid gypsy, which uses a metal anchor warp core together with a polymer chain wheel
- This combination offers a light-weight and quiet solution that ensures a smooth operation, while still offering the long-life durability of the traditional metal gypsy
- The polymer chain wheel allows the anchor rode chain to bed-in, creating a jump free quieter operation, while the metal anchor warp core grips the warping during deployment and retrieval of the anchor rode such as with a conventional Gypsies
- Hybrid Polymer Gypsy The Lewmar Patent Pending hybrid gypsy, offers a 15% reduction in weight, 5% stronger and offer an endurance life to comparable all metal gypsies.
- The Hybrid Gypsies greatest attribute is the sound
- Quieter than any other comparable gypsy on the market! offering the quietest anchoring to date
- Brass - Nickel Plated Core wrap core which is to this day used on all existing gypsies from Lewmar
- Chain Counter Magnet
- Every patent pending hybrid gypsy is factory fitted with a chain counter magnet, and is available with manual recovery
- Testing Endurance life test of the new patent pending hybrid gypsy and existing gypsy
- 6000 operations/300KM at varying load to represent five years of use over a period of three weeks. one hybrid and one traditional gypsy have acted against each other at varying loads and line speeds, using a loop of 8mm chain
- Using the thruster test tank the test equipment was subjected to the varying weather conditions
- Deck unit
- The Lewmar VX windlass range offers a new entry-level windlass product, giving the end user a stylish yet functional product at a competitive price point
- Consisting of a cast aluminum core with composite outer and finished in a stainless steel pressing, giving the VX1 its stylish design
- Manual clutch release
- Drum option
- Stylish stainless steel and composite construction
- Same footprint as Lewmar V1 model
- IP67 Rated Motor Gear Box
- This will be the first ingress protection cover that Lewmar has offered on the small windlass
- This cover will be standard on all the new VX windlass range
- The new cover offer:
- Silicone sealant free assembly
- Orientation flexibility - can be set by the end user
- Self-Certified to Ingress Protection level 67 to EN 60529
- This new IP cover is not backwards compatible with any RMI40 gearbox and not available on the V1, CPX0 700w or CPX1 windlasses.
Note: Lewmar products are designed for use in recreational marine applications. Any commercial application is forbidden without the prior approval of Lewmar engineering and management.