The longest continuous length we have in stock is: 195 feet.
The maximum continuous length we normally order is: 600 feet.*
*We may be able to special order longer lengths.
Please call us at 800-628-8225 Or email customer service
New England Ropes "Vintage" 3-Strand Polyester Line - 1/4"
- New England Ropes "Vintage" Tan 3-Strand Polyester Line is the perfect compliment for the traditional vessel
- Excellent abrasion resistance
- Low stretch
- High strength
- Easy to splice
- Material: Polyester
- Control Lines
- Anchor and Dock lines
- Great for Nautical Themed Decorative Use
- Colors Available: Natural / Tan
- Sunlight / UV: Very little degradation from sunlight
- Can be used outside over long term if inspected regularly
- Chemicals: Polyester has good resistance to most chemicals except 95% sulfuric acid and strong alkalines at boil
- Heat: Polyester melts at 480° F with progressive strength loss above 300° F
- Dielectrics: Good resistance to the passage of electrical current
- However, dirt, surface contaminants, water entrapment, and the like can significantly affect dielectric properties
- Extreme caution should be exercised any time a rope is in the proximity of live circuits
- Recommended sheave diameter to rope diameter is 8:1
Note: Working Loads: No blanket safe working load (SWL) recommendations can be made for any line because SWL's must be calculated based on application, conditions of use, and potential danger to personnel among other considerations. It is recommended that the end user establish working loads and safety factors based on best practices established by the end user's industry; by professional judgment and personal experience; and after thorough assessment of all risks. The SWL is a guideline for the use of a rope in good condition for non-critical applications and should be reduced where life, limb, or valuable property is involved, or in cases of exceptional service such as shock loading, sustained loading, severe vibration, etc. The Cordage Institute specifies that the SWL of a rope shall be determined by Dividing the Minimum Tensile Strength of the rope by a safety factor. The safety factor ranges from 5 to 12 for non-critical uses and is typically set at 15 for life lines.
Sea-Dog Heavy Duty Thimble
Item #: 003020THI014
Item #: 850026
Item #: 850028
Item #: 850037
Allen Selma Splicing Fid Set
Item #: 605735