Why Didn't I Think of That?
- Why Didn't I Think of That? is the marine equivalent of Hints from Heloise
- Cruising on a small boat is a continuous learning experience
- Sometimes you discover answers on your own, but more often the best lessons come from casual conversations with other cruisers
- Why Didn't I Think of That? brings together the lessons learned, the tested advice, and the ingenious solutions of more than 200 sailors from around the world.
- Here you'll find nearly 1,200 tips on everything from anchors to bilge pumps, refrigeration to communication, food preparation to handy gadgets, finding just the right tool to weathering the weather, and cruising with children to making your boat a secure and comfortable home
- This unprecedented collection of 1, 198 tips from scores of voyaging sailors covers virtually every cruising topic imaginable: anchoring, water supplies, weather, electrical systems, engines, solar panels, mail, painting, laundry, ventilation, finances, navigation, canvas work and more
- Whether you're new to cruising or a full-time liveaboard, this book belongs on board
- About the Author
- John and Susan Roberts have been sailing and writing for nearly 20 years
- Their articles have appeared in Yachting, SAIL, and Cruising World
- They finished their 36-foot sailboat, Sea Sparrow, from a bare hull and have cruised her from Maine to the Caribbean and back
- This is their third book
- Author: John and Susan Roberts
- Pages: 215
- 50 Illustrations
- Publisher: International Marine/Ragged Mountain Press
- 1st Edition
- Publish Date: April 1997
- ISBN-10: 0070532214
- ISBN-13: 978-0070532212
- Dimensions: 0.6" x 7.2" x 9.1"
When a Loose Cannon Flogs a Dead Horse...
Item #: 050722
Author: Olivia A. Isil
A Salty Collection of Over 250 Words, Phrases and Sayings Still Common Today
Format: Paperback, Pages: 154, Published: April 1996
Item #: 050722