Lewmar DC2 Double Rope Clutch
Notice to Mariners:
Lewmar is currently shut down and we are not expecting any shipments from Lewmar until at least mid-May. Items which are not in stock at Defender may experience an extended lead time until they re-open.
- Instead of simply jamming line, the Lewmar DC2 Double Rope Clutch domino cluster flexes for better grip and less rope wear
- Pull-back handle combined with patented clutch and release mechanism provides controlled release even at full holding load
- Ergonomically correct handle with solid link to domino cluster
- Stainless steel fairleads for reduced friction
- Side apertures allow easy cleaning of mechanism
- Lewmar Model No. 29102414BK
- Clutch Type: Double rope
- Line Size (rope diameter): 12 mm to 14 mm (1/2" to 9/16")
- Minimum Holding Load: 1000 kg (2204 lbs)
- Working Load Limit: 1200 kg (2650 lbs)
- Dimensions: 88 mm H x 68.5 mm W x 156 mm L (3-3/8" H x 2-1/16" W x 6-1/8" L)
Note: 9/16" Line will only fit if core is slightly tapered. There is still a strong possibility of chafe with 9/16" line once in clutch
Note: Lewmar products are designed for use in recreational marine applications. Any commercial application is forbidden without the prior approval of Lewmar engineering and management.