Para-Tech Sea Anchors
Multiple Sizes Available
Para-Tech Sea Anchors are made from high quality materials and are designed for easy deployment in heavy weather. Sea anchors are deployed from the bow and keep the boat facing into the seas. A sea anchor should be considered an essential part of any boats safety kit especially those going offshore. Some of the key benefits are:
Attitude Stabilization: With sails down or engine out your boat will become unstable - riding sideways to the seas, rolling sickeningly, rails buried in the troughs. A sea anchor will force the bow back into the seas and restore stability and help to prevent a broach or capsize allowing you to go about the business of pumping out, making repairs, going up the mast or more comfortably riding out the weather.
Drift Control: Reduces drift when heaving to, allows boat to hold station in case of lost steering, holding station over a fishing spot or laying off a destination at night so port can be made after daybreak.
Short Handed Sailing: Allows a shorthanded sailor to heave to and get much needed rest.
Multihulls: U.S. Sailing has recognized the value of a true sea anchor aboard multihulls in increasing blue water cruising safety.
- Deployable stow bag eliminates the tendency for a parachute sea anchor to "catch air" and inflate on deck
- User friendly
- Designed to blow a panel before anything else fails. If a panel fails it will still hold the boat but with increased drift. Unit will function properly even with some broken or damaged lines
- Made from high strength Nylon fabric that is four times stronger and heavier than, surplus parachutes used by other systems
- Seams are reinforced with Nylon webbing. Strong Nylon lines are joined at the rode end to a heavy duty shackle. A correctly sized PARA-TECH sea anchor will likely never experience the loads it is capable of taking
- 5 Year warranty
- Made in the USA
- Sea anchor, deployable stowage bag, float line , heavy duty shackle and Instruction manual (Requires: floats, rode and swivel shackle- sold separately)
Documentation available at the following links: